Author Topic: Led tricks  (Read 17326 times)

Offline lightguy

Re: Led tricks
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2011, »
In your other posts about Smart strings you ask us for our approx quantities of nodes, what would be the minimum quantity of nodes needed to make a led triks panel ?

Offline dmaccole

• PacificaLights.info
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2011, »
The "traditional" LEDTriks has 768 bulbs in it (16 x 48) ... probably anything smaller than that would be difficult to scroll a message ...

\dmc

Offline lightguy

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2011, »
In RJ's video on the smart string strips, the 1 mtr length alloy encapsulated ones he says something about these being the new ledtriks, wondered how many strips would be needed and also how many smart string controllers? Thanks. Lightguy

Offline dmaccole

• PacificaLights.info
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2011, »
Lightguy,

RJ has something up his sleeve ... why don't you wait a bit until he unveils his idea?

\dmc

Offline typoagain

« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2011, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Way too many neat things going on....Gotta get a second job to support the habit.  Anyone want to start A DLAA?  I might need to join....never gonna find a partner if I keep this up.  Of course, from all the posts on here, maybe that's a good thing because everyone always has to ask for permission for stuff!

I NEVER ask for permission. I just order what I want. Then I og and put on my steel jocky shorts, a helmet and a set of ear plugs. Then I tell the wife and move out to the dog house for the next few days. And my wife wonders why on earth I am looking for an AC unit for the dog house!
One of the new guys in Odessa TX.

Offline hbomb341

• Patron Member
    • Flower Mound Christmas
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2011, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Just hang tight. We got just the thing for you to show. It uses a couple of Smart String controllers and some Ridged LED strips to make a Full color ledtricks. and it is easy to store and easy to build.

It is really cool!

RJ

RJ,  I know in all your spare time - Any update on this?  Expecting my rigid strips soon and looking for assembly ideas ...

Harrison
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, by hbomb341 »

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2011, »
No time to do any of that yet. I ended up getting flexible as the price was just too good and the way I am doing it I can roll it up when I am done with it.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline Lucas

« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2011, »
I went with the rigid strips. I though the flexible was good value, but a bit limiting in form factor.
With the rigid strips you can rearrange them to different configurations for example I am planning on having the option of 2x low density matrix 30x16 or 1x high density 30x30 matrix.

I asked ray for some extra clips as well  :)

Offline jeffcoast

« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2011, »
The Rigid strips are basically the flex strips, just cut into smaller pieces and then stuck on an aluminum track, so really you can do exactly the same things with both, and the flexible strips just give you more options. I guess there would be designs were the the rigid strips would be less of a hassle, no cutting and already attached to something to hold them straight. I haven't decided which direction to go with mine yet, so it really all depends on the exact project you are going to use them in.
Jeff Cook
Orlando, FL

Offline JimWright

• Patron Member
  • Jim and his sidekick Tiger
    • Wright's Lights
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2011, »
I have decided. I bought a couple of the rigid strips to see what they were like. I have decided that I will use the flexible strips for the sign.
Jim
Jim Wright

Offline mykroft

• Restrictive
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2011, »
anyone want to share any of their finished designs yet on this?