Author Topic: Mounting The Lynx Express Case  (Read 1800 times)

Offline trekster

• A Lynx Express Device........ Fascinating! ;
    • My 2010 Videos
Mounting The Lynx Express Case
« on: October 22, 2010, »
I am using the standard cases.  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  I was wondering how most mount the case.  The small case for the SSR4 has "tabs".  So if needed to, one could screw it to a post etc.  The case for the Lynx does not have the tabs.  It seems I have to drill a hole through the case and screw it from the inside to a post, mega tree base etc.

I was just wondering how others have mounted the cases in the light show.  I need to put the cases close to the displays they control to save on extension cords.  I am not set up to put them all in one location and run MANY hundreds of feet of SPT2.

Please let me know how you mount your cases.

Thank you.

Ron
My 2010 Videos
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Re: Mounting The Lynx Express Case
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2010, »
Hi Ron,

I run screws though the screw slots into two strips of wood which then mounts to a vertical board into the ground

I also have use a piece of plywood mounted the same way as the strips.

Cheers

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline trekster

• My 2010 Videos
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2010, »
Rick I know it is simple but I am not sure just what you are saying?  After reading your post several times I vision something like this but it is not quite what you are trying to tell me.  Sorry,  but I am getting closer.  I can make a stand out of wood or PVC and mount my case to it.  You wouldn't have a picture would you?

Ron

« Last Edit: October 23, 2010, by trekster »
My 2010 Videos

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2010, »
Hi Ron,

I was able to get to one LE, this is one with the plywood backing. The others are burried

Hope it helps

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline budude

• OK - onto 2012!
    • Christmas in San Jose
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2010, »
What I do is to strap a 3/4" PVC pipe to the case using tie wraps. You just have to pop holes through the back of the case with a flat screwdriver bit (it's actually made to do this) then run the tie through that in the two locations. Then I use 2 foot 1/2" rebar pieces (HD has them) and tap them in about a foot and then just slide the PVC pipe over the rebar. It works great for me and it's easy to set up and take down.

Offline trekster

• My 2010 Videos
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2010, »
Thank you Rick and Bud.  OK Rick I see what you are talking about.  Thank you so much for posting a picture.  Thanks Bud for the other good idea.  I think the screw driver slot you are talking about are the rectangle at the top and bottom of the case.  I see they even have a cradle shape for the post.  Do you not have any problems with rain etc getting in where you knock out the tabs?

Both ideas are great.  I also invite others to share in there mounting of the Express cases.

Thank You.  This is my first year.  I have 8 LE's and 4 SSR4's for 144 channels.

Ron
My 2010 Videos

Offline bisquit476

• Patron Member
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2010, »
Here is a post from last year, pretty cool setup, hope it helps,

Bill

Offline Mickpat

• Beta Tester
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2010, »
I also mount my controllers to a post, but use cement deck posts.  I place the posts throughout the yard to limit the lenght of cords run.  I also place a plastic black office trash cans or trash bags over each controller to keep out snow and rain.  Given they are black, you cant even see them behind bushes.  At the end of the year, I unscrew the controllers from the posts for storage.  The posts I store beside the house year long.

« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, by Mickpat »