Author Topic: Which chips to use? Anyone in Orlando/Oviedo?  (Read 1332 times)

Offline dmorey

Which chips to use? Anyone in Orlando/Oviedo?
« on: October 24, 2010, »
The first controller appears to be done but as is typical for my hubby's project he wound up with a whole set of extra chips (the 16 that go across -- the kit came with two sets and one is left.) Here is a picture. Did we screw up? Plugged it in and the LED power light work at least. Full test not possible yet as mailed off dongle for help since we messed that one up. We have three more controllers to build so any thoughts as to whether this one might work appreciated. Also, why two full sets of chips?
« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, by dmorey »

Offline KeithTarpley

• Administrator
Re: Which chips to use?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2010, »
Greetings,,,

I may be guessing wrong, but did you get a set of 16 chips and 16 sockets, or 32 chips and 16 sockets?  Also, if you put the chips in the unit, you can run the test that is built in, and the start up routine should show a few lights to let you know things are working.

Keith
"Now I know the only foe is time." -Moody Blues

Offline dmorey

Re: Which chips to use?
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2010, »
Hubby does not recall any "sockets." Unfortunately he has more spare parts than I thought. Here is a pic of all the extra parts. I'd love to ask in person questions to if anyone happens to be in the Orlando area. We're in Oviedo by UCF.

Offline KeithTarpley

• Administrator
Re: Which chips to use? Anyone in Orlando/Oviedo?
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2010, »
Greetings,,,

The chip leftovers have to go into the sockets on the board.  The first pic shows the empty sockets, and the leftovers have to go into the sockets for the unit to work.  Then you can see the display start up when you plug in the LE, and use the buttons to run the test.

Keith

PS.  You could use TeamSpeak or chat to talk.  I'll be in chat for awhile...

Keith
"Now I know the only foe is time." -Moody Blues

Offline PJNMCT

• Patron Member
Re: Which chips to use? Anyone in Orlando/Oviedo?
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2010, »
How can I help?

I'm in Winter Garden/Windermere over by Disney.

PM me and maybe we can find a time to get together.

-Paul
Leesburg, FL