Author Topic: no data link from dongle  (Read 1521 times)

Offline cardoc13

• Leturno's Light Show
no data link from dongle
« on: October 25, 2010, »
installed programed chip into dongle. went through hardware setup.  via "the video" and i tried two dongles and two le5"s still got no data link.  anybody with ideas on whats wrong and how fix it i would appreicate it.

Thanks
Scott

Offline Trevor

• Wilson Family Lights
Re: no data link from dongle
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2010, »
I had the same problem earlier. B sure that all your soder joints are clean and clear. That your COM ports are setup correctly.

have you tried more than one cat 5 cord? I found that some of the lower quality cords dont seem to want to work properly.

If you could please go into more detail on what you have done so far that may help us a little bit into getting the problem solced.  ;D
Even as an adult I find it difficult to sleep on Christmas Eve.  Yuletide excitement is a potent caffeine, no matter your age.

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2010, »
Hi Scott,

To go along with Trevor has already said,

When you connect the dongle to the computer does it give the windows usb connection noise?
If not did you install the FTDI drivers?

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline trekster

• A Lynx Express Device........ Fascinating! ;
    • My 2010 Videos
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2010, »
Don't do like I did setting up my Halloween display and the "Remove For Wireless" jumper was off and I am not using wireless.  I had NO data link.  Tried several network cables before I saw I had the jumper off. 

Ron
My 2010 Videos
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login