Author Topic: Help setting up Controllers  (Read 2138 times)

Offline Christmasaddict

Help setting up Controllers
« on: October 28, 2010, »
I am learning LSP.  I am using 3 Lynx Express controllers on 1 zone so I have 48 channels.  I am setting up each channel to be either red, green or white as well as assigning the correct number.  Once I do this (which is very time consuming) is there not a way to save this configuration so I don't have to redo this for every sequence that I write?  There has to be something that I am missing...

Offline coachers

• Coachers
Re: Help setting up Controllers
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2010, »
There is 2 ways:

1. Drag your configured controllers to the controller library.

2. When you set up a new sequence, you have the choice to load controllers from a previous sequence.

I use choice 2 the most.

Hope this helps.

AL
May you have Good Health...
Great Wealth.....
And your stein never be empty.

Offline cpnbnanamn

• Patron Member
  • I blame Jack for getting me hooked....
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2010, »
I'm learning LSP, as well, and I have a newbie question...
  Why does assigning a color to a controller matter? (Aside from just being able to tell them apart easily?)

-Roger
-Roger

I'm hoping to go NUTS this year!

Offline eyearedan

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2011, »
I just need help.  I have downloaded the software and have built my 4 LR cpontrollers and have dongle parts on the way.  ( Just so everyone knows where I am ) Sooo the milliuon dollar question is, my next step is to learn LSP.

• What is Best Tutorial to watch?
    Is there a good configuration to start with? or better configuration ? or worst configuration for a person who does not really know what he is reading when they say "Configuration"

But if someone can give me the best process to learn LSP and set my system to it and avoid some mistakes , I will be very grateful for any hints and suggestions.

Offline Randy_A

• Lockport Lights
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2011, »
Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but is a start..

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Randy

Offline dmoore

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2011, »
  Why does assigning a color to a controller matter? (Aside from just being able to tell them apart easily?)

-Roger

There are two really good reasons why you need to assign colors of the lights attached to each controller channel:

* It allows you to see an accurate representation of your display when viewed in the visualizer
* If you use transitions to auto-sequence, it allows LSP to know which color should be turned on when (you also need to draw out your lights in the visualizer)

On a side note - it does help you determine which color you are working with when you are sequencing.

Offline dmoore

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2011, »
I just need help.  I have downloaded the software and have built my 4 LR cpontrollers and have dongle parts on the way.  ( Just so everyone knows where I am ) Sooo the milliuon dollar question is, my next step is to learn LSP.

• What is Best Tutorial to watch?
    Is there a good configuration to start with? or better configuration ? or worst configuration for a person who does not really know what he is reading when they say "Configuration"

But if someone can give me the best process to learn LSP and set my system to it and avoid some mistakes , I will be very grateful for any hints and suggestions.

The link posted has a few but a fair number of them are not listed, you can find all the training videos here:  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

If you are new, I’d recommend:
Configuring hardware:  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

LSP is a complex application and for myself it took awhile to fully understand it’s power and feature set.  Learning LSP is really a process of trial-and-error (after viewing the videos).  The trade off of that effort is that you get an amazingly feature rich and able application.

I’d recommend once you get your dongle to hook up the LE’s and the dongle and first get everything working with the test mode (in the video), then progress from there to adding the different effects.  I personally think the key to understanding LSP is how it handles hardware configuration.

Offline mmulvenna

• Patron Member
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2011, »

-Roger

There are two really good reasons why you need to assign colors of the lights attached to each controller channel:

* It allows you to see an accurate representation of your display when viewed in the visualizer
* If you use transitions to auto-sequence, it allows LSP to know which color should be turned on when (you also need to draw out your lights in the visualizer)

On a side note - it does help you determine which color you are working with when you are sequencing.

Roger,

David is absolutely correct for channels, but to your question about controllers, the only reason(as you said aside from telling them apart) that I can see is that the grid tracks will be tinted with the controller color if you turn on that option in the configurations.
Thanks
Mike