Author Topic: Problem Setting the Time  (Read 2438 times)

Offline Rainlover

• Coop Admin
Problem Setting the Time
« on: November 01, 2010, »
I finished my second Aeon yesterday and when I set the time, the hour led sets perfectly, but the minute led starts at :30. I can move the minute led to the correct minute with the "Set" button, but when I push the select button again, it goes back to :30.
The clock runs and the minutes increment, but I had to wait until 30 minutes after the hour to set the time.
I have reflashed the pic, checked all of the pins on the chips and retouched any quesionable solder joints.
Anyone have any idea where I screwed this up?
The first clock set like it should and is running perfectly.

John
Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!

Offline RJ

• Administrator
Re: Problem Setting the Time
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2010, »
Not sure what could cause this. We you hit select and set the hour then you hit select it should go to the minute that it was on. Or in other words. Since the clock is very accurate you normally only set it, after the first time, for Daylight savings. So since you only set the hour I did not start the minutes back at 0 but set it to the minute of the current time. this way you can just hit select on the minutes and you are good. So what I am saying is if you set the time and it is 3:12 when you get to the minute it will come up on 12 minutes and you start from there.

If someone can duplicate it or has an idea I am open. Sounds like a software issue but have not had the proto's do that.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline Rainlover

• Coop Admin
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2010, »
RJ,
This was the very first time I set this clock. When I hit select the second time to set the minute, it was already set to :30. I pushed set 35 times to get it to :05 and then pushed select again and the minute went to :30 and the seconds started ticking off.
I waited until 3:30 to set the clock and it is working, so it not a problem. I am tickled with how they look.

John
Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!

Offline D56VillageNut

• Patron Member
    • Thompson Snow Village
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2010, »
I had the same issue on mine.  I ended up taking out the button battery, reflashed the pic, then reinstalled the battery.  Powered it up with the DC adapter and was able to set the time as described in the manual.

Not sure what may have been the issue but it works and is really cool too!.

RJ,  Thanks for the great design.

Alan T

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2010, »
Glad you like it!

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying