Author Topic: Led Triks version - how many nodes needed?  (Read 3796 times)

Offline batdive

Led Triks version - how many nodes needed?
« on: November 05, 2010, »
RJ, I thought I would split this from the main topic so you could focus on the who/what/where of the Strings there.

I have wanted to do a LED Triks (and obviously waited for your ver 2), but you mentioned this basically could take its place and I can see that not to mention making it RGB.  My question is how my nodes would make a good quality LED Triks style sign?  I have never made an LED triks so I dont know the best size for visibility from the street.

Any help in this area would be greatly appreciated as I need to figure out how much of the strings controllers and what not I will need to implement what is in my head and not to mention to get the okay from the boss (Yeah the wife   :D)

Offline tennhillbilly

Re: Led Triks version - how many nodes needed?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2010, »
I also would like to build an LED tricks board but since it is not supported on this forum I have been reluctant to try.

Offline batdive

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2010, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I also would like to build an LED tricks board but since it is not supported on this forum I have been reluctant to try.

Well the string will/should take the place of LED Trik II and basically u end up with individual pixels that are RGB, so your LED Triks is all types of color and not just one.  I have been just looking at how many "Pixels" makes a nice looking board with nice lettering/artwork.

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2010, »
Ledtriks II was to be RGB so this is the same done with the strings. The number of nodes for it will all depend on your likes this is something no one will be able to tell you. To make it just like a Ledtriks it takes 768 nodes but that is a lot and I expect the node based ledtricks to settle on the average being less. But again some people have lots of money to throw at their shows and you could see some big boys before all is said and done. How about a 64 X 32 rgb animation bill board in your yard ...   <;d
Just $1200 could do it!  <fp.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline batdive

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2010, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Ledtriks II was to be RGB so this is the same done with the strings. The number of nodes for it will all depend on your likes this is something no one will be able to tell you. To make it just like a Ledtriks it takes 768 nodes but that is a lot and I expect the node based ledtricks to settle on the average being less. But again some people have lots of money to throw at their shows and you could see some big boys before all is said and done. How about a 64 X 32 rgb animation bill board in your yard ...   <;d
Just $1200 could do it!  <fp.

RJ

<la..  I like the drool guys, they add a nice touch to the board   :D.  RJ what I was wanting was experience saying X many LEDs 32 x16 makes a nice scrolling letters, but not to go over Y inches apart or something from those that have experience building the boards.  as it seems to me the farther you spread your Pixels the worse the letters /art will look.  I agree it would be a personal touch as to how big the board would be.  I am not looking for anything big probably 36x20 or so and just looking for distance between pixals I guess to make sure the letters look good.

Hope that makes sense

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2010, »
Well we have had people with ledtricks build them from 1/2 " spacing to 2" spacing. I used 1" myself. but my 1" could be read from an 1/8 mile away with no problem.

How close for them to look good depends on how far the viewer is. 2" spacing is going to look bad at 20 ft. But at 200 yards they will look great.

1/2" will look great at 50 ft but be unreadable at 100 yards. See what I mean. It is all about how far you need it read from.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying