Author Topic: Dongle question for the future  (Read 1546 times)

Offline IndianaChristmas

• Patron Member
Dongle question for the future
« on: November 08, 2010, »
I'm not sure if this is the correct place for this but it really is a dongle question pertaining to SS.
I just watched RJ's video on the future dongle allowing 16000 chanels eventually and has the very cool feature of pulling out DMX universes from those 16000 pixelnet chanels.
As it willl be in the very near future the dongle will provide 4K channels and again we have the option to pull out DMX from these.  But if you want you, can run two dongles: one pixelnet and the other DMX to get all 4K pixel net channels and a separate 512 DMX.

My question is if you use two different dongles how on earth do you create a sequence so the two dongles to work together?

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Re: Dongle question for the future
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2010, »
This is pure theory on my part and I could be totally wrong. So take it with a grain of salt

Two dongle = two com ports
first com port = channels 1  to 4096
second com port = channels 4097 - 8192

You set that in the plugin config section of Vixen

You create a sequence with 8192 channels and than have "FUN" sequencing all of those channels

It makes perfect cent in my dollar head so I bet its wrong LOL

Cheers

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2010, »
In Vixen I assume we are talking,

You know how you setup you dongle by putting a Dmx Pro plugin in the seqence and then you setup the com port to port at the comport your dongle is on?

Well you remember how you then in the first addin screen it says From ch 1 to 512?

You add another one and set it up to port at the com port that donlge is on (different port than first dongle) and then you tell it you want it From ch 513 to 1024.

Or

Dmx from 1 to 512
then
PixelNet plugin setup from 513 to 4608

Vixen will send those channels then to the plug in yuo told it to.

Hope this explains it. I put a picture.

RJ
For PixelNet it would be from

Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline IndianaChristmas

• Patron Member
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2010, »
Got it, thanks.
I am using LSP but I assume it is similar.  Haven't check it out.
I was afraid two PC's would be involved and that would be a nightmare getting a sequence to start exactly the same.
I figured someone had figured this out already!

Eric