Author Topic: Light Curve Normalization - Lynx Express Configuration Utility  (Read 2677 times)

Offline trekster

• A Lynx Express Device........ Fascinating! ;
    • My 2010 Videos
I have all my expresses built but tonight is the first time I programmed the light curves.  WOW does it make a difference.  (Just like you guys said it would)  Just about everything one needs to know is posted somewhere in this forum.  Sometimes I remember seeing something but when it comes time to use the information it is hard to find.  I am still learning where stuff is and how to find it.

Just in case anyone else is needing to program light curves here is the link.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I run some ramps and fades plus some 10, 20 ,30 ,40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90, and 100 percent in a sequence.  I had a lot of control from 10 to about 60 percent then 60 to 100 percent was almost no change.  After running the Lynx_Express_Configuration_Utility and setting my WalMart minis light curve they now go from 0-100 percent very evenly. 

I am posting this just in case other first year guys like me have not programmed the light curves.  The step by step instructions work like a champ.

Thanks guys for posting all the GREAT information in the forum.

Ron
My 2010 Videos

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Cool glad you like it.

We are hard on RJ most of the time but sometimes he does do good things.  ::)

Just kidding  <res.

RJ works crazy hard to make it easy for us.

Cheers

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline RJ

• Administrator
What  <fp.

Your just now finding out how great it is?

Just kidding, most people do not know the power of the Force.. Oh wait I mean Normalization.

Must people think it is a simple light curve.   <wd..

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline kylec

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Lake Stevens
LNT will turn your display from nice :) to NICE  8).

Come on everyone, we have to spread the word!

Kyle
Excess is Success

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
LNT will turn your display from nice :) to NICE  8).

Come on everyone, we have to spread the word!

Kyle

<wd..  <wd..  <wd..

Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)

Offline lineman

• Coop Manager
Lordy , I am just learning how to build arches , mini tree,s, LE's, Wireless, Aethers, Dongles, Clocks, and now yallbring up LNT darn I wish I was a fast Learner LOL OH not to mention the sequenceing thing too. Well I guess its off to LNT School
Jeff

Offline Rainlover

• Coop Admin
I am setting the curves for my LEDs and am struggling t find a curve for my C9 LED retros from CDI and my 50ct C6 LEDs from CDI that match. I have red, green and warm white in both styles. I have updated tlie light list in the utilily and tried a bunch of different curves.
Also,  when I click on the program button in the utility, all of the lights on all of the channels in my display flash. Is this normal?

Thanks,
John
Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!

Offline vairmoose

• Patron Member
The flashing is part of the programming sequence...   it is normal.   

I suspect hat RJ is a bit tied up to add another type of light to the library but if you cannot find one that smooths the ramp to your satisfaction,  I recommend you send a PM to RJ.    the color should not matter, it is the manufacturer that is critical. 

Larry
3 today (standing at light switch, holding two lighters)
Going live in 2012

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
The flashing is part of the programming sequence...   it is normal.   

I suspect hat RJ is a bit tied up to add another type of light to the library but if you cannot find one that smooths the ramp to your satisfaction,  I recommend you send a PM to RJ.    the color should not matter, it is the manufacturer that is critical. 

Larry

For LEDS I do believe color DOES matter.  Incandescent lights doesn't matter since its the same bulb construction with different color paint

Cheers

Rick R.

Offline trekster

• A Lynx Express Device........ Fascinating! ;
    • My 2010 Videos
I have one question on the light curve programming. (EXAMPLE):  If you set it to start channel one as the first channel.  Then program channel 1-7 for C9's and channels 8-16 as walmart minis.  It will keep the order?  I mean if I change the start address on the same box to 145, the first 7 channels will be still set for the C9's and the rest for walmart minis right?

So channels 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, and 151 are still set to C9's?

Ron
My 2010 Videos

Offline RJ

• Administrator
If you change the channel with the onboard push buttons yes.

If you use the Utility to do it you must put the settings  back in the utility or you will over write the curves.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying