Author Topic: to programme the pic chip aside from Pickit 2 do I need anything else  (Read 1955 times)

Offline Pyrotech

Total newbie, soldering virgin etc . Starting with the easiest project it seems.  and as I'm buying parts in the UK, I'll need to programme the chip myself.  So exactly what do I need?  PICkit 2 and?

Offline bisquit476

• Patron Member
a couple of adapters, I can only recommend ones off of ebay from a guy by the name of J1sys, he has adapters for the various PIC's. Depends on the equipment you're going to buy as to which adapter you need. Actually he has a full "kit" with the PICkit2 and adapters all in one.

Offline KeithTarpley

• Administrator
Greetings,,,

Here's a link for that vendor.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login 

He's a known guy on the Christmas groups, and I've bought from him.

He's got the Pickits, also.

There are others if you look around.

Keith
"Now I know the only foe is time." -Moody Blues

Offline CaptKirk

Do some of the boards support on board programming with the PicKit?  I know the Aether must, but what about any of the others?  Just plugging in the header would be easier than dealing with an adapter kit.  Just curious.
"Beam me up Scotty- there is no intelligent life on this planet."

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Do some of the boards support on board programming with the PicKit?  I know the Aether must, but what about any of the others?  Just plugging in the header would be easier than dealing with an adapter kit.  Just curious.

Lynx Express was the first pcb with icsp
Aether
Aeon
I assume SSC will have icsp

Basically pcbs that came after the LE.

Cheers

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required