Author Topic: Diode orientation  (Read 1724 times)

Offline castortiu

Diode orientation
« on: November 09, 2010, »
RJ,

I want to confirm the diode orientation, on the video you say “the line needs to go to the right, towards the side that isn’t perfectly square off”, but the side that is not square is on the left on the diagram and the PCB on the video is in almost in vertical position, I can’t see very well but looks like the line is on the left when you put the diode on the PCB.

Can you confirm the diode orientation?

Thanks,
Cas.

Offline RJ

• Administrator
Re: Diode orientation
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2010, »
Yes this was a miss speak and it has been asked before but I am glad you brought it up again. Check what I say against the markings. I am human and make mistakes so everyone take your time on your first one. If you have any doubt stop and ask. If we can get the first ones done then the rest become easier.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline castortiu

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2010, »
Thanks for the quick reply.

Something I noticed is that the paste is too thick at first and was difficult to make it stick to the copper, until I did the second or third pad where the paste became oily and liquid, same happened when I switched the needle, the first line on the U2 was difficult then the paste became liquid again, looks like when the needle is used for first time it take the “lubricant” from the paste for a little bit. So I would recommend every time using a needle for the first time just discard the first 4 or 5mm of paste.

That is my experience so far, and so far has not been difficult at all, this is awesome :)

Cas.

Offline batdive

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2010, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Yes this was a miss speak and it has been asked before but I am glad you brought it up again. Check what I say against the markings. I am human and make mistakes so everyone take your time on your first one. If you have any doubt stop and ask. If we can get the first ones done then the rest become easier.

RJ

Ok this wasnt 100% clear to me so I just want to make sure before I cook it.  The Line on the diode goes to the left where the line has like 2 angles in it?  My first board is all pasted but havent cooked it until the resistor question was answered and now this (I currently have the diodes with the line to the right, why I ask)

-JS

EDIT:  Sticky post at top helped clear it up.  Just for any others that were not 100%.  As RJ Said in the sticky the Diode line goes to the LEFT towards the angle sides of the silk screening.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, by batdive »