Author Topic: a few channels dimly light  (Read 1052 times)

Offline joshuashu

a few channels dimly light
« on: November 10, 2010, »
Hi i have version 4 board that is running wireless that is leaving 2 channels dimly lit. when i unplug the board they shut off and when i run the test they work but then stay dimly lit and one was even flickering. i unplugged the dongle and the wireless hoping to fix this as it usually does, but they are still dimly stuck on? any suggestions? these are LED.
Thanks.

joshua

Offline RJ

• Administrator
Re: a few channels dimly light
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2010, »
If the Leds string is not long and the string is low power units then you can see an issue where leakage can do this. Make sure you have clean. good solder joints in the high voltage area of those channels (Triac opto ect) and make sure you don't just have a build up of flux from soldering conducting small current on the pcb. Clean it with Alcohol.

Try this and let me know. If still on try adding additional strings to the channel and see if increased load fixes it.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline joshuashu

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2010, »
RJ, what do you recommend to clean the board with, what type of alcohol?  i did put a snubber on one and it fixed the problem. good ole glade to the rescue! the other string i have had no such luck. changed out the cord and tried a snubber. really weird as it did not do this last year or last night. this is the is the first night it has shown up?

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2010, »
Just normal household type.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying