Author Topic: 3 wireless Aethers and different lens  (Read 1389 times)

Offline castortiu

3 wireless Aethers and different lens
« on: November 13, 2010, »
I have finished my 3 wireless Aethers, they are rock solid although I’m getting some interference and every once and them they blink white, my transmitter is close to a wireless router 3ft, later I’ll try on the street to see if I get interference as well.

Lens:

I bought the lens like two months ago from You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

6 Degrees - Promo Prices $1.62/each  (asmt-m006)
15 Degrees Price $1.12/each (asmt-m015)
30 Degrees Price $1.91/each (no promo) (asmt-m030)

12 lens of each…

My experience with the company is a mix of feelings, after I did the order the lens were no shipped for a week, when I made the claim they told me that there were a problem in the system and the order was not processed and I was asked to submit a new order, I submitted the new order and I put a comment with capital letters “MAKE SURE I DON’T GET CHARGE FOR THE FIRST ORDER”, 2 days later they send the shipment and the next day they send another shipment with other set of lens, and guess what… I got charged twice. I made the claim and they reimbursed the money for the second shipment and they didn’t require sending the lens back, so I got 36 extra lenses for free.

The mixed feeling is because ordering process was a TOTAL disaster, but the customer support was EXCELLENT, there were 2 people sending m emails every 4 hours for 3 days to let me know what was going on with the mess in the order and what they were doing to fix it.

Testing.

6 degree lens is the best since combine the 3 colors fairly well and produces a good white. (see pic)
30 degree lens is good although white is good but some spots with green/red/blue can be detected on the border of the spot light. (see pic)
15 degree lens is garbage or the lens is for other kind of LEDs, the cone of line produced is very bad and the mixing of color is a disaster, I can’t believe they sell this garbage, I’m sure the lens are for other kind of LEDs, but in the box the description says ASMT-M015. (see pic)

If someone else has the 15 degree lens please let me know if you have the same experience.

Cas.

Offline batdive

Re: 3 wireless Aethers and different lens
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2010, »
Cas, a couple of things..

First what is the distance the aethers are from the wall and could you do me a favor and measure the spread on the wall from that distance.  Trying to get a feeling of what lenses I need to get.

2nd I also was getting the interference and found the most important fix was to make sure the TX was upright matching the upright position of the EX/RX.  That helped to fix most of it.  Make sure the antenna for the EX/RX is not touching the metal case at all.  

That should help I did some testing and will mount my TX higher as if the Aether is in line with the TX and facing it the reception was not as good since the metal case is blocking the antenna, but if you turn the aether around so it is facing away from the TX there was no problem.  So if you mount the TX higher that should alleviate the case blocking issue.

Reference the 15 degree one, I am curious if that is a bad batch of them have your tried each one individually to see if there is a bad one in the mix?  I dont recall RJ having that issue one the side of his barn when the original videos came out.

Hope that helps
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, by batdive »

Offline Gary

• Diamond Crescent
Re: 3 wireless Aethers and different lens
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2010, »
I bought myself a whole pile of lenses a few months back as well, since I'm assembling 6 Aethers. I bought 36 30-degree ones which I figured would be for most applications to make it similar to a traditional incandescent spotlight bulb I have in the recessed light fixtures in my kithen and soffits (and from the looks of your pictures, I made the right choice), 6 15-degree, and, 6 6-degree ones.

The 15 degree ones sure look like crap, though. It's bad enough I paid around $80 or $90 for a bunch of chunks of plastic, and now this. At least they were the cheap ones.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login