Author Topic: DONGLE/VIXEN ISSUE  (Read 2103 times)

Offline ron d

DONGLE/VIXEN ISSUE
« on: November 15, 2010, »
I am assuming this is a  "ME" issue. Dongle works fine in light show pro. Worked earlier in the year with all testing of express and wireless.

No signal from vixen and also tested with Light Show Pro so I know its working.

Vixen settings-
baud rate 57,600 and tried 115 as well
parity none
data bits 8
stop bits 1
using enttec dmx usb pro

Have wireless ready to run at 5 of 8 houses this weekend and right now i hit my limit of what I can try and just not thinking, baybe i got solder smoke on the brain.

Please any help
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, by ron d »

Offline RJ

• Administrator
Re: DONGLE/VIXEN ISSUE
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2010, »
Doesn't matter but I set the speed to 115k myself.

It is likely the com port is set wrong in the plugin in vixen (com3 instead of Com5 ect.). Or the channel 1 to 512 is set to 0

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline ron d

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2010, »
the com port is correct. set to 8 in both lsp and vixen. The first controller is 329 from the dongle.
Im using 2 com ports of renard and the 3rd com port is for the wireless and starting channel is 329. That help?

Offline ron d

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2010, »
the dongle is set channel 329-500. The preview is also set for 1-500.

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2010, »
just a thought

You don't have DMX check on the add-ins menu

It should be unchecked

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2010, »
The dongle should be 1 to 512 .

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline ron d

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2010, »
with where it is in the profile the starting channel is 329 but its working with the first channel set to 1 but is data should read from vixen as 329 i hope. I did get it working today though. I had tested everything seperate and last year had the dongle first. Anyway I think even though vixen is sending data to the dongle  from channels 329-500 if the first lynx is set to channel 1 the data from vixen should =329. I hope. If i have to I can redo a profile and adjust 400 channels of sequencing pretty easily and luckily i have 3 weeks to go and all my lights up and the lights on 5 of the 8 wireless houses.

Offline jap813

• if you believe it, you can achieve it
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2010, »
if your lynx is at a starting channel of 1 and you are trying to send channel 329 to it that is your problem you would need to set the starting channnel of the lynx to 329 as well

Offline ron d

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2010, »
The way it works whatever  channel the Lynx receives it reads the first channel as 1. I have 328 channels or renard and they are first in my profile. com port 3 is the dongle and its starting channel from vixen is channel 329.  If i set the first lynx to channel 1 on the controller it reads as starting channel 329 from vixen. second controller set to channel 17 and 345 is the channel from vixen it receives data from vixen.