Author Topic: Troubleshooting time. verifying it works and express utility not working with ex  (Read 6432 times)

Offline Trike

Cool, Thanks RJ. hopefully it'll maybe let me change the start address. but if not, hopefully you can add it onto your bug list to take a look at later.

Offline batdive

Trike the manual switch bug doesnt effect the ability to change the start address.  I was able to program my channels and then the manual switch works. 

Have you tried both DMX in ports to see if one is not soldered properly (or bridged someplace).

I know mine is a little picky have you unplugged your dongle from the usb fire up the LE Utility 1.0 and then plug it in.  Set the comport after a couple of seconds and then change the start address and hit transmit?

Just a couple thoughts I had as the new firmware will let you test the lights to white and give you a start channel of 1 to mess with, but I dont foresee it helping you with the programming aspect.

-JS

Offline Trike

Yeah, I've tried both DMX ports. They both act the same. I'll try firing up le first then plugging in the dongle.

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Trike the manual switch bug doesnt effect the ability to change the start address.  I was able to program my channels and then the manual switch works. 

Have you tried both DMX in ports to see if one is not soldered properly (or bridged someplace).

I know mine is a little picky have you unplugged your dongle from the usb fire up the LE Utility 1.0 and then plug it in.  Set the comport after a couple of seconds and then change the start address and hit transmit?

Just a couple thoughts I had as the new firmware will let you test the lights to white and give you a start channel of 1 to mess with, but I dont foresee it helping you with the programming aspect.

-JS

In the pass when there was no default start address (1) in the firmware it was very difficult to set one. So a updated firmware might help Trike's problem. I am not sure if Trike has a software or hardware issue but it will work.

Cheers

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline Trike

Yeah, I'm not totally sure if it's a hardware issue with the aether.

But I think there's a software issue with the lynx programs talking to the enttec dongle. The lynx deck and LE config doesn't show any data activity on the dongle when using it. All my other DMX programs works. freestyler, vixen, showcad, and the enttec pro utility.

Offline Trike

Just tried the new firmware. The default start channels 1-4 are working for me.  <la..  I haven't tried jumpering MAN yet, but sounds like it'll work now. However, the LE config or lynx deck still doesn't work for me. I'm still unable to program the start channel. Pretty sure it's a software issue talking to the enttec now. 

Offline batdive

Just tried the new firmware. The default start channels 1-4 are working for me.  <la..  I haven't tried jumpering MAN yet, but sounds like it'll work now. However, the LE config or lynx deck still doesn't work for me. I'm still unable to program the start channel. Pretty sure it's a software issue talking to the enttec now. 

At least you know it works  :D.  That was a great feeling on mine also and then the overwhelming blindness set in with those nice color dots in my eyes when I turned it off happened.  20 minutes later I was able to see again.

I cant help with the entec to DMX deck, but where are you located at?  Might see if another user lives near you to help you program them so you can atleast get them up and running for this years show.

-JS

Offline RJ

• Administrator
Are you sure it is a Enttec Pro and not one of there other units?

Do you have the Virtual com port driver loaded or are you using only the D2xx drivers.

Does a com port show up for it and have you set the comport in the setting on the utilities so they find it?

The Enttec pro protocol is what the Lynx dongle uses so anything that the Lynx works with should work with the Enttec "PRO" as long as it is using the Virtual com port. 

In fact the posts about my dongle being a clone of the Enttec are in fact completely incorrect since not one part of the Lynx dongle is inside a Enttec. The only thing simular is what they are expecting from the computer on the com port and what they send out and that was just to save the software guys from having to make new plugins for the Lynx Dongle.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline Trike

Yup, I'm 100% sure it's an Enttec pro (You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login)
I have their latest firmware on it (1.44).

I have the current FTDI drivers loaded and use the Virtual Com Port that it creates.

In the Lynx programs, they all show the com port that the Enttec is on. I select that and update it. But the data activity indicators don't light up when using it. All the other programs I use, I do the same. I select the Com Port and off I go. I can control the Aether on the default start address no problem with all the other programs I've tried so far.

Anyone else here have a Enttec Pro they can try the Lynx programs with?

Offline batdive

I dont but check your private messages.

Offline RJ

• Administrator
When I can I will dig out my old one (Enttec Pro) and test it.  It's hard right now because I am trying to have a show also this year and I am so late starting I am sequencing at this point.

It is hard this time of year cause this is when some people test their stuff and need help.

RJ

Offline smartcontrols

• Coop Manager
I just tried my true Enttec Pro. If using vixen everything works as expected. When using LE config utility or the DMX Deck get no response on known working Aether or lynx Express. I also tried it going Enttec Pro to wireless still vixen fine, no response with LE config utility or the DMX Deck. Switch only the Enttec Pro to a lynx dongle all worked fine.

-Jeff

Offline RJ

• Administrator
Ok thanks that is helpful. I will look into it when I can. I am sorry this is just being found so late.  I can program my aether to the channels you need and send the exported firmware to you so you can load them and use them since vixen does work with the Enttec if that helps.

RJ

Offline batdive

I can program my aether to the channels you need and send the exported firmware to you so you can load them and use them since vixen does work with the Enttec if that helps.

RJ

LOL that was what I PM'd him with, thinking along the same lines.   RJ I know you are busy with the new toys and im doing set up now.  I can take this and do them for him if he wants them to make it easier on you so you can go back to mega tree heck  ;D.

-JS

Offline RJ

• Administrator
I can program my aether to the channels you need and send the exported firmware to you so you can load them and use them since vixen does work with the Enttec if that helps.

RJ

LOL that was what I PM'd him with, thinking along the same lines.   RJ I know you are busy with the new toys and im doing set up now.  I can take this and do them for him if he wants them to make it easier on you so you can go back to mega tree heck  ;D.

-JS

Great!

As long as he gets what he needs. I do not think I have time to look at the Enttec issue in time for him. But we will fix it once I get my show up.

RJ