Author Topic: Manual switch firmware bug  (Read 1469 times)

Offline batdive

Manual switch firmware bug
« on: November 16, 2010, »
RJ, I decided to flash my Aether (since it was one of my first 3 built) to the newer firmware.  I did notice this issue when I did my last two but didnt think anything of it or put the two together.

Fully working Manual switch prior to flash and when I flashed to the new firmware the manual switch goes away until I program it with the utility and set the channel.  I set it up at 470 and after that no issue, the manual switch works great.

The original firmware this was not an issue as that was one of my test scenarios to make sure all the LEDs were working.

I just noticed Trike was having issues with his manual switch and after seeing it a couple times on my Aethers and specifically this last time knowing everything worked prior to the flash, I thought I would let you know and might be his issue why his manual switch is not working.

-JS

« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, by batdive »

Offline Trike

Re: Manual switch firmware bug
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2010, »
Good to know. Makes me feel a little better since I was starting to suspect a hardware issue. I think the rest of my problems is with the enttec dongle not talking nicely with the aether.

Thanks for sharing

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2010, »
Yes I understand why and should have remembered that the pervious posted firmware was read out after I programmed the unit with the start and curves. The new one is a raw firmware unprogrammed.

I will post an updated firmware tomorrow night.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline batdive

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2010, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Yes I understand why and should have remembered that the pervious posted firmware was read out after I programmed the unit with the start and curves. The new one is a raw firmware unprogrammed.

I will post an updated firmware tomorrow night.

RJ

Your awesome...  <res.  How do you find time to do it all, let alone trying to sequence 4,000 channels of pixel net love for this year.

-Thanks

JS