Author Topic: Aether Troubles  (Read 4793 times)

Offline RJ

• Administrator
Re: Aether Troubles
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2010, »
Couple of things,

The 3.3 v reg (little three legged part with 3.3v near it on the left side of the pic chip) and some of the pic chip legs look a little off the pad and are kinda dry like they had little solder paste on them.

I think I would take a good look at them and maybe touch them up with the soldering iron if I am correct.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline lineman

• Coop Manager
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2010, »
 The 3.3 v reg (little three legged part with 3.3v near it on the left side of the pic chip) and some of the pic chip legs look a little off the pad and are kinda dry like they had little solder paste on them.

All Done , I get continuity from PIC pins Bottom 2,3,4,left to right to THE U2,s RIGHT to LEft second pin down on the left hand side. RJ the only R<G<B I see is above the R7 I check continuity here also with no results but did get continuity as you describe on the U2,s am I missing something I do not see the BIG R>G>B that you refer to
Jeff

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2010, »
No you are not. I was looking at the pcb softwre and I had them on there. They are not on the pcb.

RJ

Offline lineman

• Coop Manager
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2010, »
OK that makes feel better so if I am gettin continuity to the drivers and resolder PIC and 3.3 what should I do next. FYI now when I put jumper to PROGRAM ALL LEDS come on for about 5 sec. and then go off and when I move jumper to OP. 1 flash and no MAN. Also red power led still does not come on

Well its time to go to GA. I'll check back when I return should be SAT. THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, by lineman »
Jeff

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2010, »
Ok just got that you have no Red led.

We need to check the power. When you get back send me a pm and we will try to setup a chat troubleshooting session. I will be as flexiable as I can but I am also franticly working on a show myself.

RJ

Offline lineman

• Coop Manager
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2010, »
RJ , I was able to get the 2 Aether working I didn.t know that after you use the DIAG Firmware that you were suppose to see if the problem is still there . I had a litlle trouble useing the configuation ,I was gettin lynx config. has incounter a error message anyhoo it worked after several attempts and I was able to have 2 aether adressed to channel 101. THANK YOU FOR THE HELP GOD BLESS
Jeff

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2010, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
RJ , I was able to get the 2 Aether working I didn.t know that after you use the DIAG Firmware that you were suppose to see if the problem is still there . I had a litlle trouble useing the configuation ,I was gettin lynx config. has incounter a error message anyhoo it worked after several attempts and I was able to have 2 aether adressed to channel 101. THANK YOU FOR THE HELP GOD BLESS

Well I am glad you got it going. Sorry you I have not been more avaliable.

I have been working hard to help everyone but with trying to setup a show it has been a challenge. I am behind on pm's also so be patient folks I should have a show running this evening and we will be on the downhill slide I hope.

RJ

Offline lineman

• Coop Manager
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2010, »
RJ, you have nothin to be sorry about, I only got the aether working because of the time you spent with me and others, if anything I am sorry for needing your assitance and taking time away from you. I humbley give you my THANKS and GOD BLESS you and your FAMILY
Jeff