Author Topic: Possible wireless glitch  (Read 16578 times)

Offline RJ

• Administrator
Re: Possible wireless glitch
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2010, »
Ther is no update to the V2 since the coop but if you are running V1 stuff it should be updated to the newer compatiable mode.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline zman

• Woodinville Wonderland
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2010, »
Guys, I am seeing the flashing issue and am in the process of updating the firmware on all the wireless to the new ver1-2 compatible right now.

Question. With the wireless router in the house, I had moved it to channel 6 quite a few weeks ago, and still had the flashing. Without testing (that will come tonight) is there any reason to NOT move all wireless to Uni 3? Would that further separate the house router and Lynx Wireless?

Sorry if that was sort of a dumb question.
I have the CLAP - Christmas Light Addiction Problem - Do you?
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
LOR - Lynx - Sandevice - J1Sys - Madrix - Advatek
~ Christmas is not a time, it's a state of mind ~

Offline Dennis Cherry

• Maryville, Tennessee
    • Video's of Computerized Lights
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2010, »
Well up and running last night.

Ran 2 sequences and could not tell if any flashes occurred.

To much action going on in the display. So will leave the 3 RX units in the display set to UN1.

Thanks for all the help coming up with possible fixes. We have learned what to do and not do in using the wireless units.

Have fun and enjoy your display and people you will meet.
2013 videos now available You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2010, »
I should have our show up by the end of the weekend so I can see if I am having any issues with it. Our whole show (about 400 channels of DMX) is wireless (Except the Smart String Mega Tree) so it will be a great test. If I can replicate the issues then I will be able to work on them.

RJ

Offline Dennis Cherry

• Maryville, Tennessee
    • Video's of Computerized Lights
« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2010, »
I should have our show up by the end of the weekend so I can see if I am having any issues with it. Our whole show (about 400 channels of DMX) is wireless (Except the Smart String Mega Tree) so it will be a great test. If I can replicate the issues then I will be able to work on them.

RJ

Ran the show last night, and did see a couple of flashes happen. I noticed them but the other people had no idea it was flashing the lower channel lights from the what was on.

2013 videos now available You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline batdive

« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2010, »

RJ

RJ we found a great test sequences that shows this easy a fade of colors. IE 2 seconds of one color, then next color, then next...etc.  Since your whole house is up on one color makes it easy to see the lower ch flash that way and pretty quick to set up.

Hope that helps as we are still seeing it in our show, our next check is to move the TX so it hangs from the tree instead of being mounted against it.

-JS

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2010, »
I'm still getting flashes as well and thinking about running cat5 but still have a couple of sequences to tweak first.  Priorities!!!  Got the mega tree up and running yesterday and ran the show with 4 songs last night for the first time.  My transmitter (and show computer) is inside the house in a closet which is on an outside wall.  I get good signal everywhere including on my roof and all the way to the end of my house by the garage which has no line of site to the wall where the tx is located.  I am using a V2 transmitter.  Could not do this last year with a V1 tx so this is a great improvement.  I get the flashes on the LEs that are located 10 - 15 ft away from the location of the transmitter and everything is oriented with the antenna pointing up.  The only wires coming from inside the house to outside are two speaker wires.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline tpctech

« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2010, »
Hi, 
Most of my show has been up since this past Wednesday.  I have 2 wireless SSR-4 using the header connection method.  Both units are on the ground and less then 100ft from the TX which is out in the middle of the yard.  Both units have just quit working about each day.  If you yurn off the AC power and back on they will work again.  I have no problem with 15 wired SSR-4 and misc LE's  Any thoughts

KEN   

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2010, »
Do you have good power to them. The SSR4 can not tolerant the line voltage dropping to much so put a seperate feed on them and see if this fixes it.

RJ

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2010, »
Ok,

So I got to run some test shows this evening. Here is what I found.

We have about 400 channels of Lynx wireless DMX running as a mix of Ex/RX and RX units.

Many on ssr4's many on Expresses and a standalone rx.

The receivers are a mix of Ver1 and Ver2 the TX is a Ver 2 unit. They all are running the current version of the firmware.

I also can catch a channel flash every once in a while during the show. It is not very noticable because the show is running. Is it enough for me to go cabled?  Heck No!

Is it something I will be working on during the show season to remove Sure!

Not sure if I every will get it perfect but that was never expected. I think I can get it close enough that no one will be able to tell it is not as long as the equipment is used within expect specs.

No putting it on the ground or inside brick homes ect.

Also if anyone want to know our longest wireless link is about 150 ft or so.

RJ 

Offline batdive

« Reply #40 on: December 05, 2010, »
I also can catch a channel flash every once in a while during the show. It is not very noticeably because the show is running. Is it enough for me to go cabled?  Heck No!

Also if anyone want to know our longest wireless link is about 150 ft or so.

RJ 

Speaking of the above, sounds like you are seeing the same.

BTW, not sure if anyone has tried it, but works great when running multiple houses.  I rebroadcast uni 1 through uni 3 to extend the range and worked nice =)

Any chance of a "cheap" signal strength Lynx meter to plot out the best place to put a TX and such?

Also with the "random" flash, most people from what I have seen cant tell if it is part of the show or not, so it basically goes unnoticed.

-JS

Offline tpctech

« Reply #41 on: December 05, 2010, »
Do you have good power to them. The SSR4 can not tolerant the line voltage dropping to much so put a seperate feed on them and see if this fixes it.

RJ

We got a bunch of snow today and was working on the rest of the display.  I will check the AC voltage out at the SSR's tomorrow evening.

The 2 SSR are running a total of 8 100 lite incand strings.  The feed is about 100ft of 16-3  that is fed from my power distro box in the middle of the yard the distro box is fed with 10-4 on 30 amp dedicated circuit.

Thanks

KEN

Offline joshuashu

« Reply #42 on: December 05, 2010, »
I too have  noticed a flash every once in awhile. The other thing i noticed is i have had to unplug my MR 16 and replug it in to get the wireless back on, but only for the MR 16. I have had to do this twice since thanksgiving.

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #43 on: December 12, 2010, »
Ok since I was able to get equipment setup and start working on this I have been able to develop an updated beta firmware for the the Ver 2 stuff only at this point. Once it is tested and found to do the job I will port it to the Ver 1 compatable firmware.

Heres the tough one, Who has a show that has the issue of random flashes that can test this for me. I will not be able to test it in the show till next weekend.

If someone is willing here is the beta. I have had great success with it in the bench where I can repeatable duplicate the channel drop any time now on the current firmware. I can not cause it on this firmware. It will just stop updating if the signal is totally lost.

Someone that it is easy to do try it and let me know your findings as soon as you can so I can start on the Ver 1 firmware to match.

This firmware should be installed on your TX and your Ver 2 RX and EX/RX units. It is not compatible with older firmwares. so you need to have all ver2 stuff to test.

I hope there is someone like that I have a mix myself.

RJ

Offline batdive

« Reply #44 on: December 12, 2010, »
Ok since I was able to get equipment setup and start working on this I have been able to develop an updated beta firmware for the the Ver 2 stuff only at this point. Once it is tested and found to do the job I will port it to the Ver 1 compatable firmware.

Heres the tough one, Who has a show that has the issue of random flashes that can test this for me. I will not be able to test it in the show till next weekend.

If someone is willing here is the beta. I have had great success with it in the bench where I can repeatable duplicate the channel drop any time now on the current firmware. I can not cause it on this firmware. It will just stop updating if the signal is totally lost.

Someone that it is easy to do try it and let me know your findings as soon as you can so I can start on the Ver 1 firmware to match.

This firmware should be installed on your TX and your Ver 2 RX and EX/RX units. It is not compatible with older firmwares. so you need to have all ver2 stuff to test.

I hope there is someone like that I have a mix myself.

RJ

RJ I can throw it on my stuff and give it a test.  Will let you know.  And thanks for the update considering how busy you have been..  

-JS
« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, by batdive »