Author Topic: vixen com port error  (Read 3229 times)

Offline jap813

• if you believe it, you can achieve it
vixen com port error
« on: November 22, 2010, »
I am having an issue when running my program, when it gets to the end of a song a popup comes on and says com port error com 4, which is my dongle. I have flattened my profile into my sequences and it still does not help. All my lights stay on until I unplug and reinsert my usb cable from my computer to my dongle. This does not happen when I manually start each sequence. I am not sure if the RARE rain we got here in Phoenix is causing issues with my cat 5 cable or not but I would not think that would be the problem? I am running Vixen 2.5.8
« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, by jap813 »

Offline RJ

• Administrator
Re: vixen com port error
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2010, »
no it is more likely one of two things are getting you.

Look for the cross fade setting in your program settings in vixen. If it is not set to off  which I believe is 0 it will do this every time.

It trys to start the next data output before ending the first and you only have on com port. It is a known issue. 

Also make sure you do not have the DMX add in checked in the add in menu of vixen as it will cause problems.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2010, »
I would also detach all the profiles from all your sequences and then in your program definition near the bottom center tell Vixen to use a single profile for the show and select your main profile.  I've had problems trying to run a show and letting every sequence have a profile attached.  As I understand it the next sequence may be trying to access the com port before the last sequence has released it.  maybe that's not quite right, but when I went to using one profile selected via the program setup I was able to get everything working just the way I wanted it.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline jap813

• if you believe it, you can achieve it
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2010, »
ahhhhhh I have the cross fade button checked, I will uncheck it this evening and try again. As usuall operator error <res.

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2010, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
ahhhhhh I have the cross fade button checked, I will uncheck it this evening and try again. As usuall operator error <res.

That one will get you every time!    <md..

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline batdive

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2010, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
if the RARE rain we got here in Phoenix is causing issues with my cat 5 cable or not but I would not think that would be the problem? I am running Vixen 2.5.8

On a side note, the rain was a nice break from the normal.  Good to see another Arizona person enjoying the weather.  Hope to see some videos when you get it done.   ;D

About Vixen also not sure if you have used 2.5.0.8 but it has some bugs to say the least also if the part RJ mentioned doesn't fix it.  We ran 2.5.0.3 for Halloween and it did good for playback/scheduling as my neighbor likes the 2.5 upgrades compared to 2.1.

-JS