Author Topic: DMX Status Panel  (Read 23945 times)

Offline TexasStingray

• Coop Manager
Re: DMX Status Panel
« Reply #60 on: January 19, 2012, »
I would really love something like this that I could just hook up my dongle to so I could do some Visual Basic development to help out. I have done a little with java but not with Visual Basic Express, I think it would be easier to create the user interface. anyway if anyone has come visual basic code the could send my way I would appericate it.

Thanks
Scott
Scott Wanner
TX

Watch my videos
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline n1ist

• Coop Manager
« Reply #61 on: January 19, 2012, »
One issue - RJ's dongle is transmit only. 
/mike

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
« Reply #62 on: January 24, 2012, »
Would a device like this have any use in a status display?

For $1.95 I keep thinking this thing might have potential somewhere in DILA world.

Its a 10x12 LED matrix and I"m not sure if all cells can do three colors or not.  I know they are not rgb.

« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, by taybrynn »
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]

Offline n1ist

• Coop Manager
« Reply #63 on: January 24, 2012, »
Unfortunately, that display has all of the cells one color.  The top row has the odd color arrangement as seen in the picture.  It also has a rather odd matrix wiring.

There are standard single-color 8x8 matrix blocks out there.  There are also RGB ones, but the issue there is how to map the DMX channels to pixels.

The original panel was not intended as a visualizer for sequences.  It was for testing and monitoring a hardware DMX data stream.
/mike

Offline caretaker

« Reply #64 on: January 24, 2012, »
Unfortunately, that display has all of the cells one color.  The top row has the odd color arrangement as seen in the picture.  It also has a rather odd matrix wiring.

There are standard single-color 8x8 matrix blocks out there.  There are also RGB ones, but the issue there is how to map the DMX channels to pixels.

The original panel was not intended as a visualizer for sequences.  It was for testing and monitoring a hardware DMX data stream.
/mike
Mike,
could Pixelnet be decoded to display on the 8x8 RGB matrix blocks?  I realize you would need 64 8x8 matrix blocks for the 4096 channels of pixel net I was more thinking of the circuit to drive all the matrix boards.
Jeff Squires

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
« Reply #65 on: January 24, 2012, »
What would it take to convert a monitor or HD TV display into a matrix for RGB display purposes ?  At some point, I keep coming back to a TV and wondering why that RGB matrix couldn't be used somehow.
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]

Offline KeithTarpley

• Administrator
« Reply #66 on: January 24, 2012, »
Greetings,,,

It's not the actual hardware output, but the various software previews are built into the programs, for the times that it might be good enough.

Keith
"Now I know the only foe is time." -Moody Blues