Author Topic: MR16 Version 1 BOM  (Read 1346 times)

Offline Jobefx

MR16 Version 1 BOM
« on: November 22, 2010, »
I was making ssr4s - I ordered a stack of PCBs awhile ago and am finally forcing myself to populate them so I can use them this year, and in the stack found a MR16 version 1 board I forgot I had ordered. I am going to order the parts from mouser to build the mr16  but before I did I wanted to make sure the BOM listed on the wiki will work for the older board. Is it possible to make a listing on the wiki one for the old board and one for the new? From my reading the only thing the new board has different is an LED and a few resistors, is that correct?

If the wiki BOM is correct for the version 1 board, I have another question.
the 3Kohm 1/8 watt carbon resistors are out of stock ( 299-3K-RC ).  Is it ok that I sub a 3Kohm 1/8 watt metal resistor? ( 71-RN55D3001F ), Is this the correct resistor? The metal ones are twice the cost but it would cost more to order the correct carbon ones from digikey after shipping.

Thanks for the help.

Offline RJ

• Administrator
Re: MR16 Version 1 BOM
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2010, »
The Bom just has a few extra parts. 2 leds 2 resistors and a heatsink. If you are building a ver1 and not running over 12v you can drop the heatsink since it would have to be cut to fit on the ver1 pcb anyway. If you are running 24v then get the heatsink and add it.

The other extras cost nothing so I would not worry about them.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying