Author Topic: Aether Fading issues  (Read 4561 times)

Offline batdive

Re: Aether Fading issues
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2010, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I couldn't get mine to do that with or without the Aether curve except at the extreme low end of the scale (which I expected), but I did go back to the default curve. Using the Aether curve, my blue LED didn't come on until step 34, the green and red at step 9, and when going all white, it had a green tint for most of the scale. When I went back to the default curve, it scaled up white real nice, and the blue LED came on at step 9, the red and green at step 5. That was for the first Aether, didn't try the second yet.

Nice to know, I know mine are all programmed with the default curve and I have done a lot of ramp up/ramp down testing for some sequences I am using and have seen no ill effects from it.  Guess I'll keep the default one for now  ;D.

RJ, as to your question when I tested/worked on all my 5 with DMX deck and Vixen I dont ever recall an issue of it shutting off any where on the ramp up with the default curve in place.

-JS

Offline egenoup

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2011, »
RJ, or anyone with Aether,

Have you been able to reproduce the flicker problem on any of your Aethers?  Just use the Lynx DMX deck and set the red channel to 158 or 160 (with no curves loaded) and leave it there for 30 to 60 seconds.  Flickering should start  around that time and will continue to flicker every time to hit the 158 to 168 or so range.  I think it is a bug in the firmware, but we will not know unless it is reproducible by someone else.  I had the problem today while doing a demo to a bunch of fellow geeks! 

Thanks,

Egenoup

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2011, »
Install the default curves as suggested above.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline egenoup

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2011, »
I have tried it with and without the aether dimming curves.  Without the dimming curves it is very pronounced at 158 to 161, but you must leave it at that setting for at least 30 seconds.  After 30 seconds, you can go up and down, and every time it hits the 158 area it flickers very noticeably.  As I said, I was demoing the aether to the Exotic Computer Society of San Antonio (they are also hardware hackers) and they noticed the flicker without me even mentioning it when I accidentally ended up at 160 on red. 

I know you are very busy with 3 COOPs running and you have other fish to fry, but when you get a chance, please check it out.

Thanks,

Charles