Author Topic: Lynx Corrupted firmware  (Read 4820 times)

Offline RJ

• Administrator
Lynx Corrupted firmware
« on: July 06, 2008, »
Ok,

After a few people have had some random problems programming their Lynxs to new start channels I found a problem. It appears at some point a copy of Hex file got corrupted and some people have this programmed. I do not know when or how has what. I am posting a known good copy here and will download it back to me to make sure it downloads OK.

The bad file has one bit error in it. The checksum if you look at it in you programmer is "CFEB"  thsi is a bad copy.

The good copy is "CFEC"  it was a corruption as it is all but impossible to change anything in pic assemble and change one bit in the checksum.

The bad copy will work but will not program the start channel. The good one works fine.

Sorry for the problem. Please do not pm me and ask me which you have as I have no way to know. If your Lynx won't program my guess is you have the bad one. If anyone has this issue and needs someone to program it for them as always I will be happy to do it just PM. I will be out of town for the next weeks so you may not get an answer right away.

RJ

UPDATED>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I have updated this with new firmware that does not use eeprom just as I have with the SSR4 and MR16. I have tested it on one of mine and it seems fine. This should remove any issues programming the start address on them.  The CRC is different so do not be alarmed that it does not match what is in the old post above.

Note>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
The programming method has changed slightly. Set the channel one and two of the seqence or the channel test to the address you want as normal. But Tuen the unit on and then with it still running move the operate jumper to program. Then wait three seconds and turn it off. Put the jumper to the operate and it should then be programmed.

RJ

I removed the hex file. All hex files are now located in the Wiki equipment page.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Rick R.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2009, by rrowan »
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline RJ

• Administrator
Re: Lynx Corrupted firmware
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2008, »
I added this post to make sure people were aware that the post above has new updated firmware to fix the programming issue with the Lynx. It was the same issue as the SSR4 and MR16 where some pic 18F1220 eeprom did not seem to function correctly. This firmware moves the start channel programming to the flash memory.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying