Author Topic: Will there be a new LE design with the CG-1500 cases becoming more expensive?  (Read 1012 times)

Offline Jeffl

• Just remember. Wireless is nice. Copper is king!
    • Christmas In Brandon
Just curious if there will a new design given these cases will probably become harder to come by after today?

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Hi Jeff

Going by past experience. I would say Nope

There is time involved along with cost of a new design for RJ and the pcb manufacture. Along with beta testing the new layout.

I would guess RJ or someone will find another supplier or a compatible case

just my 2 cents

Cheers

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
Actually I don't think the individual cases will be much more, but with the larger minimum order of $250 the effective cost will be up if you cannot find someone to share an order with.  This is another reason I wish that RJ would require everyone to post their location in their user profile so that we can find people near us to share orders like this for cases or other stuff.  I did that last summer for a bunch of us around me so that we could get a big enough order to get free shipping.

I'm almost tempted to order a few cases more, but with the advent of Smart Strings I think there will be less demand for LEs than in the past and the SS stuff will have totally different enclosure needs.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA