Author Topic: Fan Question  (Read 1370 times)

Offline smartcontrols

• Coop Manager
Fan Question
« on: November 27, 2010, »
HI RJ,

Just a crazy question for you, not important if you are busy.
I believe most of us are not installing the resister for the fan circuit and I think most of us would never add the fan. Does the fan circuit come one at the same time as when the software goes in to the "fail safe" auto dimming due to high heat? I guess my question is; is there a way for us to connect a LED somewhere that would come on when the software goes into this mode so that we would know that it is dimming itself due to heat?

Thanks

-Jeff

Offline RJ

• Administrator
Re: Fan Question
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2010, »
The firmware has no provision for driving it do to dropping it. I found that you would really be doing something dumb to get into problems so a noisy, expensive fan would not be required.

If you are using it in above 90 deg weather with direct sun light in florida shining on the case heating it then it will going into reduced output after a while of continous operation. But only if you are running al three channels wide open (White).

In this situation the light is not very impressive as no light shows up in that kind of Sun light so why are you running it?

The way it works you would not notice it unless it was really bad. It just does a slow fade over a few minutes until it get to a temp it likes and holds. When the temp reduces it will fade back to full output.

In a resonable and normal operation you will not see this.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline smartcontrols

• Coop Manager
Re: Fan Question
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2010, »
Thanks for the answer.

In Southern California we can easily surpass the 90 degrees. But you are right, that is day time and I would not be using it then, Duh.  <fp. That answer removed all my concerns.

Thanks
-Jeff