Author Topic: Sequencer?  (Read 5639 times)

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Sequencer?
« on: November 27, 2010, »
Hi Matt or Csf,

Do you plan to have a Sequencer for xlights?

I know the menu has a spot for it.

Cheers

Rick R.

Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline csf

Re: Sequencer?
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2010, »
Yes there will be a sequencer, that I will be making.

I have a day of putting  up lights ahead of me, but tonight when I get back in from putting up lights I will start typing and posting up my plans for it for every one to go over.

Offline holland lights

• holland lights
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2011, »
Yes there will be a sequencer, that I will be making.

I have a day of putting  up lights ahead of me, but tonight when I get back in from putting up lights I will start typing and posting up my plans for it for every one to go over.
How are you coming along in the sequencer?

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2011, »
IMHO, I think the allure of xlights is as a small footprint, reliable player and scheduler which supports a lot of hardware.  I almost think adding a sequencer could bog it down from what its already good at.  It seems like more hardware support (E1.31, pixelnet) is the big hitter improvement.  Then pair with olive to do the sequencing, then offer xlights as the scheduler and perhaps have olive sequences as a support file type?? ...  Just my $.02 worth ...
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2011, »
Hi Taybrynn,

I don't agree with you

I like more options. Besides CSF is working on the sequencer while Matt handles the scheduler and test modules. No bog down at all, just different modules connected together someday. Matt has ordered some SS items and said that he would add support for it.

Cheers

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2011, »
Your probably right.

I just was thinking that since so many people went to xlights because of the memory issues in Vixen ... it was an example of how de-coupling can be helpful.

Similar to how in LOR the scheduler/player program really is separate from the sequencing program.

I think there are advantages in seperate, but callable from a common control panel.

Maybe thats what xlights was already doing ... sounds like it.
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]

Offline csf

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2011, »
I have ordered some smart string stuff too.

Each part of xlights is basically it's own program, so you only use the resources you need to use.

Offline Timon

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2011, »
What I like is the possibility that we'll have a complete solution that will run on a MAC.  8)