Author Topic: Issue with SSR4 IDing  (Read 4899 times)

Offline zman

• Woodinville Wonderland
Re: Issue with SSR4 IDing
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2010, »
I am still not sure what was the issue was, but I have 3 SSR4s ID'd

1. Reflashed PICs (again after yesterdays efforts)
2. All SSR4s programmed to ID 201 (did not want to mess any higher than 255)
       - 3  attempts were made to get 2 of the SSR4s to finally take the programming  4 attempts on the last SSR4
       - Did not get any crashes from the Address Utility this time
3. The last SSR4 was very difficult to get to program. I finally resorted to pulling the jumper on/off several times on the last attempt. It seemed to work.

I am not convinced that there is not a problem with address over 255, but that is a test for another day. Thanks for all your input.
I have the CLAP - Christmas Light Addiction Problem - Do you?
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
LOR - Lynx - Sandevice - J1Sys - Madrix - Advatek
~ Christmas is not a time, it's a state of mind ~

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2010, »
Hi zman

I'll try the 301 address on a spare ssr4 tonight and let you know if I see anything

xmen out

oops

Cheers

Rick (not a xman) R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline zman

• Woodinville Wonderland
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2010, »
Man, I know lots have used Lynx equipment with little hassles. I gotta say, that the LEs have been pretty bullet proof, but these SSR4s have been a PIA. WHat was working is now not. I attempt to re-ID these things and it does not work take or work.

Part of this frustration is pressure to get lit up tonight, but I have been mucking with these things now for a week to get to function properly. I had 3 working. Then one, then 2, so I figured forget 3, and put connections between the 2 items to light. Now 2 does not work only after literally plugging in cords.

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2010, »
Sorry you are having problems

Just so you do know. I have SSR4s working solid for 2 yrs now. In fact the basic design has been around for many years.
I know its not very helpful but maybe "light" at end of the tunnel

Cheers

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline scharbon

« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2010, »
Zman,
  While I was setting up my display, I had an issue with two of my SSR4/DMX units (out of 20).  One of them stayed on all the time with all four channels, the other one stayed off all the time on all four channels.  All I did was unplug the DMX IN to each of them (and the corresponding DMX OUT that it was daisy chained to) and it all worked again.  It could just be something that simple.  Not sure if you are having the same problem with SSR$ #2, but I thought it might be worth a try.  Good luck.

Steve

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2010, »
Man,

I thought you had these working.

I would have to hook one up and look but you can manually set the address with your pickit. The program is in memory but long after the program ends is a few bytes set that if you convert them from Hex to Decimal add up to your start address.

You can read the memory with the pickit then edit in the pickit utility window and write it out to set the address manually and override it all.

I feel your rush I am trying to get our show running and took the day off to do so but feel I am no where near yet.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline zman

• Woodinville Wonderland
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2010, »
Guys,

Part of that post was frustration. Yes there have been a few issues. I scrambled and worked around them. As soon as I get some decompression time in the next week or so, I will look at this in more detail. I did not want to sound grumbling, I was at a stress limit. With a display my size, late, and still having hardware problems (that I was partly my fault, not doing a full LIVE test) and wanting to Light Up tonight, I was maxed out. KyleC and I talked a bit tonight and will be coordinating a few things in the next several days.

I will post and or update as I can. I am still working on getting things finalized here at my display.

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2010, »
I don't anyone took you bad we were just trying to ome up with some way to help.

The Man,

Part was likely misunderstood now that I look at it. I meant like

Man that sucks,

I thought you had them working.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying