Author Topic: Dongle Case  (Read 2453 times)

Offline spider236

Dongle Case
« on: November 30, 2010, »
i apparently have an upgrade dongle, but i used the v1 document i found on the site. i bought the polycase to house the dongle, but the pcb board holes dont line up with the posts in the case. is there a case for the newer dongle?

Offline D56VillageNut

• Patron Member
    • Thompson Snow Village
Re: Dongle Case
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2010, »
The v1 and v2 Dongle PCBs have the same mounting hole layout on the PCB.  The case spec'd in the BOM should be the LP-35P in Gray from Polycase.  http://www.polycase.com/item/lp-35p.html.

If you ordered a blank LP-35P case from Polycase, your dongle PCB may not line up if you already have the RJ-45 Jack and USB adapter installed as these are positioned on the PCB in such a manner that they will be flush with the outside of the case when the openings are cut into the one end.  If you've not cut the openings and are trying to line the completed dongle up at this point these two connectors would shift the board to the right (when viewed with the RJ45 jack to the left) inside the case which would be enough to cover the PCB mounting standoffs in the case.  If you get the openings for the two connectors cut in the case the PCB mounting holes should line up just fine.

Hope this helps.

Alan T

Offline spider236

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2010, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
If you get the openings for the two connectors cut in the case the PCB mounting holes should line up just fine.

Hope this helps.

Alan T

Thanks Alan. I modified the holes in the case and got the pcb to line up as it should. What i failed to realize though was the need for 1/4 in screws, which are listed right there on the website with the case  <fp. so now i have to pick up a few of them.

Offline D56VillageNut

• Patron Member
    • Thompson Snow Village
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2010, »
Thanks Alan. I modified the holes in the case and got the pcb to line up as it should. What i failed to realize though was the need for 1/4 in screws, which are listed right there on the website with the case  <fp. so now i have to pick up a few of them.

Let me check as I may have a few of the mounting screws left from the coop.  I know I have extra cover screws.  If I find I have some I'll send you a PM and you can let me know where to mail them.

Alan T

Offline spider236

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2010, »
Thanks Alan. I modified the holes in the case and got the pcb to line up as it should. What i failed to realize though was the need for 1/4 in screws, which are listed right there on the website with the case  <fp. so now i have to pick up a few of them.

Let me check as I may have a few of the mounting screws left from the coop.  I know I have extra cover screws.  If I find I have some I'll send you a PM and you can let me know where to mail them.

Alan T

Thanks for the offer Alan. I was up town earlier today and i found the small screws i needed to fasten the pcb to the case. I have the case cover screws; they came with it. So i'm good to go.  :)

Now on to the Express board.