Author Topic: Won't Receive  (Read 3406 times)

Offline RJ

• Administrator
Re: Won't Receive
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2010, »
Swap pics and see if the issue moves with the pic.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2010, »
Does the Green led flash when you first plug in the power on the one that is the problem?

Since you have had problems getting wireless to work on mutliple devices are we sure the issue is not on the express? Was this the same one you had trouble getting the other wireless to work? For forget for the moment about the led. Are we sure you are not getting data?

If the led does not flash when the power is applied then we need the meter put on the led leads of the green and plug it in to see if you see power trying to flash the led.

Let me know and I will make time to help in teamspeak.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline grossg

« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2010, »
Success!

I twigged to the solution from a comment Rick made.  I had been removing the RS-485 chip next to the capacitor instead of the RJ-45 connector.  Also I believe that I pooched the second v2 Tx/Rx that I made as I have been unable to "unbridge" the two caps directly below the pic.

I now have a v2 Tx talking to a v1 receiver.

Thank you all for your patience.  I'm really glad that I didn't have to get another Lynx to see if it was the problem as the weather in Brandon Manitoba right now is -20 C which is -4 F, but with the wind-chill feels like -36 F.

Now I just have to venture out to setup this last controller...

Thank you RJ, Rick, smartcontrols, and n1ist for all your time and patience! ;D

Best regards,
Glen
"Westward leading, still proceeding
Guide us to thy Perfect Light"