Author Topic: WIN 7 32BIT NOT WORKING WITH VIXEN  (Read 4197 times)

Offline sittinguphigh

WIN 7 32BIT NOT WORKING WITH VIXEN
« on: December 01, 2010, »
Has any one had this happen and is there a fix or am I doing some thing
 wrong?

Have framework 2 on the my PC.  Then tried to run Vixen from my desk top. Then this message comes up.

Error message

Down load frame work it was already on new laptop. Down loaded vixen 2.1 then I get this error message.

I'm sorry, but the application is about to die. Please take a screenshot of this message.

Could not load file or assembly 'fmod, Version=2.0501, Cul find the file ture=neutral,
PullicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependancies. The system cannot find the file
specified.

at Vixen.musicPlayer..ctor(Host host)
at Vixen.Host..ctor(Form hostForm,Preerence2 preferences)
at Vixen.Form1..ctor(String[]args)
at Vixen.Program.Main(String[] arg)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, by sittinguphigh »
What you don't know. Can hurt you.

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Re: WIN 7 32BIT NOT WORKING WITH VIXEN
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2010, »
Yup, I seen that before on Win XP

It normally (but not always) is related to a bad seq file

If you can start Vixen then create a new seq without any profile attach
If that works then its a corrupted seq file

Did you move the Vixen.exe file? Normally I leave all of the Vixen files in the folder and create a short cut on the desktop.

If you get that on start up. Delete Vixen and download a fresh version of 2.1.1 from the wiki Vixen link

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline sittinguphigh

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2010, »
OK. Let me give that a shot.

Thanks Rick.

Mort

Offline sittinguphigh

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2010, »
I tried that, but still same thing.

I down load Vixen in my documents. Took Vixen appication and put it on my desk top. Same error message.

Funny thing it put ten files empty files on my desk top from the Vixen down load when the error message came up.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, by sittinguphigh »

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2010, »
I tried that, but still same thing.

I down load Vixen in my documents. Took Vixen appication and put it on my desk top. Same error message.

Funny thing it put ten files empty files on my desk top from the Vixen down load when thew error message came up.

You CAN'T move the vixen.exe to your desktop. That is the problem. Create a shortcut on the desktop to the vixen.exe in the vixen folder

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline rmp2917

• Coop Manager
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2010, »
You will get this error if Vixen cannot locate all of the files it needs. All of the Vixen files need to be in the same folder.

Make sure that you extract all of the files from the zip file into the one folder or directory.

If you want to move or copy Vixen, you must move the entire folder. Otherwise, it will not open and will give you the error you described.

If the working folders for Vixen do not already exist it will recreate them when Vixen first starts. This is where the 10 empty folders on your desktop are coming from.

If you simply want an icon on your desktop, you can leave the Vixen files in your My Documents folder or where ever you want to put them. Right click on Vixen.exe and click on Create Shortcut. Then move the "Vixen.exe - Shortcut" to your desktop. You can rename the shortcut to anything you like.

Offline sittinguphigh

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2010, »
That did Rick. Thanks

I needed to decompress the zip file also.

Mort

Offline sittinguphigh

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2010, »
Another thought is they any other Vixen files I need?  Add ins maybe.

Offline tbone321

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2010, »
Isn't .Net Framework 2.0 only for Win XP?

Nope!!  The .Net framework is not OS specific.  I have .Net 1.1 and .Net 3.5 on a Vista machine.  The purpose of the .Net framework is to prevent OS upgrades and even .Net improvements or alterations from trashing older software. 
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline fslopez1950

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2011, »
If you are using Vixen in XP, and you are not having any problem. Copy Vixen folder from XP and paste it to Win 7 Program folder. But you have to download the latest .net framework from Microsoft website, which i think is version 4 now. This is what i did when i can't run Vixen by extracting Vixen directly in Win 7.

Hope this will help. Enjoy Vixen and happy sequencing.

Offline CaptKirk

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2011, »
Vixen worked right away on a Win7 Home Premium system for me.  I've only started playing with it (to debug Aethers) so I have not pushed anything really hard yet.  I did find that it is a really BAD thing to pull out the dongle with Vixen running as things go really wonky.  That might have been 2.5, I've back reved to 2.1 now.

Kirk
"Beam me up Scotty- there is no intelligent life on this planet."

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2011, »
I have .NET framework 4 client profile ... is that the same as having .net 2 installed.  I also can't get vixen to install under Win 7 64bit.  Same kind of errors.
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2011, »
.Net 2 framework is needed no matter which os you have.  today's  ".net frameworks" are similar to in the past, when you need vbrun version x or vcc runtime....    it's just for the newer programming languages.  if i wrote a program in the latest version of Visual studio, My program would need .net framework installed to run that program. It's how your computer can read programs written by certain versions of Microsoft Developer Tools.  the newer the tool, the newer the .net framework. (in most cases)
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2011, »
Thanks.  I found and downloaded the 64-bit .NET 2.0 ... and then upon installing, it said it was already installed as part of my OS.
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]

Offline lineman

• Coop Manager
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2011, »
I had to put vixen in the c drive not the x86 and it works fine I have only .net4 installed
Jeff