Author Topic: WIRELESS DMX PROJECT UPDATE  (Read 60434 times)

Offline WWNF911

• Patron Member
Re: WIRELESS DMX PROJECT UPDATE
« Reply #195 on: May 03, 2009, »
Thanks for that RJ!

I'll keep it in mind in a pinch. I had planned on using the other (RX) module as it would allow me to daisy chain.  Right?  LOL

Maybe I'll do it at least on one just to prove I can. Then I'll know how to do it in an emergency.  :)

I appreciate all your work and the Beta testers as well.  Wish I was closer to the mini's

Leon
Leon

Offline KeithTarpley

• Administrator
« Reply #196 on: May 03, 2009, »
Greetings,,,,

hmmmm....

Keith
"Now I know the only foe is time." -Moody Blues

Offline knguyen916

« Reply #197 on: May 03, 2009, »
So basically what you are saying is now we have an option between the Ex/Rx (for Express) with a 3 wire simple mod to work other Lynx Dmx hardware or the Rx (designed for other dmx hardware)?

Now that is awesome. Thanks ;D

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Ok I have a setup to allow you to use the cheaper EX/RX module in SSR4's and Freestyles.  It will cost you an additional $1.11 to do it above using one in the Express.

It is simple and I will be posting about it soon. You can only run the unit you put it in as it will not have an output on the SSR4 and freestyle to run other items.

RJ

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #198 on: May 03, 2009, »
Yes I am hoping to get a beta test done with it before we jump on it but should be no problem as long as you keep the wires short and away from the noisy items the best you can.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline ThaiWay

• Patron Member
  • 1500 C9's are not [i]green[/i]!
« Reply #199 on: May 13, 2009, »
Let me get this straight... the standalone RX will allow other controllers to be daisy chained from the controller it is plugged into... and the EX/RX mod plugged into any Lynx controller will not?

I am excited about the possibility of wireless control of my Lynx and SSR4DMX in addition to the LE's, so the daisy chain factor would be important in determining how many of which module to order.

John
Chok Dee! (Thai "good luck" greeting)
John

Unofficial 220V 50Hz Beta Tester

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #200 on: May 13, 2009, »
That is correct John.

RJ

Offline wbe12345

« Reply #201 on: May 18, 2009, »
RJ

Would this scheme work also for LOR/D-light controllers as long as the controllers are firmare update to run with DMX?

thanks
Wallace

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #202 on: May 18, 2009, »
I would recommend you use the external RX for that. too many gotcha's possible. Not sure what they use as a transceiver?  Is there enough current to run it avaliable? 

RJ
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, by RJ »

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #203 on: May 20, 2009, »
Beta testers should be receiving the Proto pcb's of the Standalone RX units to test.  Just wanted everyone to know we are still testing we have not forgot about it. We may be changing the connectors on the EX module to make it fit tighter on to the Express when plugged in. We have changed the wall wart to a less expensive unit to save some money on the TX and RX. We are still working to make it the best we can for everyone and to try and insure it is as trouble free a design as possible while being as cheap to build as possible.   

RJ

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #204 on: May 25, 2009, »
I know there are a lot of users waiting for the Wireless Beta to complete and little info on progress so one of the most numerous questions I keep getting is

"Whats going on in the beta and when will it be finished?"

Well first for the rumors that like to always pop up :

No there are no big issues that have us all quite. We have been making small incremetal improvments to the design all through the beta to give you the best product we can.

What this means is parts and code changes happen and require us to start testing again. 

So that you understand what kind of changes here are a few that have been made permanant. And few of these show why you do not release a parts list for a device in beta.

The power wall wart on the TX and the standalone RX has been changed. This gave us a less exspensive one that actually runs the voltage regulators cooler,waste less power, saves you money and is stocked in larger quanities with shorter lead times.

The connectors on the express module was changed with a lot of work on Vairmoose's part to find a much better connector that prevent the plugging in of the module incorrectly and supports the module much better with a tighter fit.

A few changes to the PCB's have been made to make assembly easier.

The firmware has been tweaked to increase the performance of the system.

The adapted express modules were tested on a SSR4 to verfy that it appears to function as I expected and posted.

We have a real crackerjack Beta team on this and at this point they have given it the go ahead for their shows so I believe we will give it the go ahead for everyone elses very soon.

This means we can close the coops for the stuff and get it coming. Make sure you have what you want in the coops as I will not wait after the go ahead is given and will move right ahead to get the stuff moving.

The pcb's will get ordered and as soon as I can get them back, some will be sent to the case manufactor to fit cases for us and they will start machining them.

The parts coop can get ordered so that the backorders get moving. I know the RF modules are backordered so Bill will want to get our orders in as soon a possible so you can be building as soon as possible.

What I am saying is do not sit waiting to enter you coop orders till the beta is over as it will be too late.  I do not want all the PM's later like with the expresses complianing you did not get what you need in the coop.

I expect this will be the only coop for the wireless this year as the demand will be met.  I will have some spare PCB's as normal but they are intended for new members not for the members that just never got around to ordering on the coops.

RJ

Offline ThaiWay

• Patron Member
  • 1500 C9's are not [i]green[/i]!
« Reply #205 on: May 25, 2009, »
Very informative post RJ... thanks for the headsup!

John
Chok Dee! (Thai "good luck" greeting)
John

Unofficial 220V 50Hz Beta Tester

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #206 on: May 28, 2009, »
Things are looking good. I got a new tester toy in the mail today. A member loaned it to me to play with and I will do some checking with it this weekend and if all looks good and the beta guys get some more outside testing done this weekend, we may close beta and get stuff ordered sometime early next week for the wireless!    8)

RJ

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #207 on: May 29, 2009, »
Here's a video of me testing the wireless using N1ist's grid he loaned me. Neat tool!
Got to have a couple.

Looks like the Wireless DMX is a GO!!!!!!!

RJ

Offline Ron

• Patron Member
« Reply #208 on: June 02, 2009, »
Here are a couple of videos from my beta testing demonstrating some of the range of the wireless DMX modules.  The longer video shows all the parts of the wireless system.  The cool video is just a nice shot of my three Lynx Express controllers running wireless DMX.

Ron

Offline Sloanhaus

« Reply #209 on: June 02, 2009, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Here's a video of me testing the wireless using N1ist's grid he loaned me. Neat tool!
Got to have a couple.

Looks like the Wireless DMX is a GO!!!!!!!

RJ

Awesome, I assume that since its a go the coop's will close in the next couple days as you had said in your earlier post? I could really use 2 by July 4th even if I have to buy the parts at list price.

Thanks for everything RJ,

Brad