Author Topic: WIRELESS DMX PROJECT UPDATE  (Read 60438 times)

Offline RJ

• Administrator
Re: WIRELESS DMX PROJECT UPDATE
« Reply #210 on: June 03, 2009, »
No it is not quite ready for release. I doubt you will have it and be able to have it built by then.
The PCB's take almost 3 weeks and that does not include waiting on people to pay and the time to sort and ship.
RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline REM

« Reply #211 on: June 16, 2009, »
How are we lookin'?  Getting any closer on finishing the beta?  I didn't see any updates on the related co-op boards so I figured I'd ask here.

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #212 on: June 16, 2009, »
Still in beta, hope to have something to report in a week and a half or so.

RJ

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #213 on: June 19, 2009, »
The Updated PCB's with all of the improvements that where made during beta should be here the end of next week. We will build them and test as soon as possible and if all works well we will be able to close the beta and order the PCB's for all.

I already have a rough manual and will begin a new updated one with the PCB's that are on the way. This way the manual will be avaliable before the PCB's are.

We owe the beta's a hand for all the work they have put in. They have really improved the units in a number of ways to make it a great setup.  I do not think for the money it cost there is any Wireless that will compete with it. I expect it to be a major player in the Lynx line up right there with the Expresses and Dongles.

With the release of the Lynx Conductor next year the line up will compete with systems many times it's cost and require no computer or cables other than power to operate.  Another step on the way to where we are going! hang in there the ride is just getting going.

RJ

Offline WWNF911

• Patron Member
« Reply #214 on: June 20, 2009, »
Whoa,....... The conductor? Did I miss something?

Please,... Sir RJ, what is the LYNX Conductor?

My shoes are getting wet!!!!!!

Leon
Leon

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #215 on: June 20, 2009, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Whoa,....... The conductor? Did I miss something?

Please,... Sir RJ, what is the LYNX Conductor?

My shoes are getting wet!!!!!!

Leon

Well Leon

That is called a Tease

We are not allow to tell anybody about it yet

Cheers

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline wjt3

« Reply #216 on: June 20, 2009, »
WOW, that is a serious tease!!! RJ gave us some very good clues. If the Conductor is anything close to what I'm thinking, it will be sweet. When the time is right, this will be a big time announcement. This is a fun ride...Bill

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #217 on: June 20, 2009, »
WOW, that is a serious tease!!! RJ gave us some very good clues. If the Conductor is anything close to what I'm thinking, it will be sweet. When the time is right, this will be a big time announcement. This is a fun ride...Bill

Yes the announcement will be on 60 minutes

LOL, Just Kidding

When RJ is ready I am sure it will be posted in the announcement forum

Cheers

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #218 on: June 20, 2009, »
It is really not anything new it just finally has a name.  I've called it the stand alone player and such but I come up with a name for it thinking about an Orchestra. That is kind of what our controllers are to us. The are the musicians in an Orchestra. So who leads and tells them what to do and when? The Conductor.

It is just the next step in completing the Lynx Line. The unit has some interesting charatiristics that will make it very useful to alot of people.

The full details will all be released when it is much closer to release. Will not be for this season. The Wireless was the new control device for this season.

RJ

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #219 on: June 20, 2009, »
When its ready

Do we need to wear black tuxedo with tails and get a small stick to wave around?

:D

Rick R.

P.S, Trust me that would be better then me trying to sing

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #220 on: June 20, 2009, »
When its ready

Do we need to wear black tuxedo with tails and get a small stick to wave around?

:D

Rick R.

P.S, Trust me that would be better then me trying to sing

If you want to Rick. It won't be our boys in green that have to baker act you.   ;D

RJ

Offline Brad

• Patron Member
« Reply #221 on: June 20, 2009, »
The Updated PCB's with all of the improvements that where made during beta should be here the end of next week. We will build them and test as soon as possible and if all works well we will be able to close the beta and order the PCB's for all.

I already have a rough manual and will begin a new updated one with the PCB's that are on the way. This way the manual will be avaliable before the PCB's are.

We owe the beta's a hand for all the work they have put in. They have really improved the units in a number of ways to make it a great setup.  I do not think for the money it cost there is any Wireless that will compete with it. I expect it to be a major player in the Lynx line up right there with the Expresses and Dongles.

With the release of the Lynx Conductor next year the line up will compete with systems many times it's cost and require no computer or cables other than power to operate.  Another step on the way to where we are going! hang in there the ride is just getting going.

RJ

Gang,

Sounds like RJ has gone off the deep end....Conductor???? wireless???? (that's an oxymoron???) .....No Computer????
What the????? Now what do I do with the dedicated-to-Christmas-Light-Shows computer, in the garage????? Sheesh....
Guys, and gals, it sounds like RJ will have a Plug-and-Play system for 2010....HOW COOL IS THAT?? ;D

RJ, please know this is all in fun....can't wait to see what you have up your sleeve.
...and oh yeah....you beta testers rock too. I really enjoyed following the Beta thread.

Thanks Guys,
Brad

2007- 32 Ch Grinch, >6K lights...2008- 128 Ch Freestyle, 23,000 Lights, 2009- Lynx Freestyle & Lynx Express, 26K Lights....Wife thinks I'm nuts!

Offline PJNMCT

• Patron Member
« Reply #222 on: June 20, 2009, »

RJ

Gang,

Sounds like RJ has gone off the deep end....Conductor???? wireless???? (that's an oxymoron???) .....No Computer????
What the????? Now what do I do with the dedicated-to-Christmas-Light-Shows computer, in the garage????? Sheesh....
Guys, and gals, it sounds like RJ will have a Plug-and-Play system for 2010....HOW COOL IS THAT?? ;D

RJ, please know this is all in fun....can't wait to see what you have up your sleeve.
...and oh yeah....you beta testers rock too. I really enjoyed following the Beta thread.

Thanks Guys,
Brad

We call 'em "Show Playback Computers" at the MouseHouse!

-Paul
Leesburg, FL

Offline lonewolf41

• Coop Manager
« Reply #223 on: June 20, 2009, »
Sounds a lot like the Helix system.  The on board MP3 player is pretty neat.  I was just thinking the other day that I can't wait for a similar design for the Lynx. 

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #224 on: June 21, 2009, »
Sounds a lot like the Helix system.  The on board MP3 player is pretty neat.  I was just thinking the other day that I can't wait for a similar design for the Lynx. 

Not really,  you will understand when you see how it works.

RJ