Author Topic: WIRELESS DMX PROJECT UPDATE  (Read 60431 times)

Offline Brad

• Patron Member
Re: WIRELESS DMX PROJECT UPDATE
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2008, »
Man, I can't wait for this. I used up the remainder of the 1000' roll of Cat 5 I purchased last year. Then had to go spend 60 bucks at wallyworld for 6 100' rolls of telephone wire to build cables for my Mini Trees >:(
Couldn't justify over night or even 2nd day freight charges for another roll of Cat 5.

Brad
2007- 32 Ch Grinch, >6K lights...2008- 128 Ch Freestyle, 23,000 Lights, 2009- Lynx Freestyle & Lynx Express, 26K Lights....Wife thinks I'm nuts!

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2008, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
RJ,
  you said that the new Freestyles will have the wireless DMX will they also have the lights normalization?  I like the idea of wireless DMX that way I dont have to get cat5 cable but i also would liek to use both LED and standard lights with dimming.  thanks

Not with out a redesign. You can do led's and standard lights now they just have to seqenced for the different curves. This will be nicer with normaliztion.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline Greg in Oregon

« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2009, »
I like the idea of wireless DMX . . .

I LOVE the idea. 

My system is a bit wacky as the signal goes from DMX to MPX and out into the yard.

Count me in when you release AND thanks RJ!

Greg

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2009, »
I like the idea of wireless DMX . . .

I LOVE the idea. 

My system is a bit wacky as the signal goes from DMX to MPX and out into the yard.

Count me in when you release AND thanks RJ!

Greg

Wow! what kind of Microplex devices do you have? I have not heard of anyone using  MPX on this stuff. I did not think it was in use any longer for stuff.

RJ

Offline Greg in Oregon

« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2009, »
It was a Craigslist find in 2004.  I got two 16 channel boards, 2 dimmer packs and 2 relay packs plus a demultiplexer and an IF-501.  I had NO idea what any of that was as I wanted some PAR 16 lights the guy was giving away and I went home with the rest.

I used the PARs for Halloween and the rest lived in a box in the attic.  Cleaning said attic I pulled it all out, figured out what it was and decided to animate Christmas.  Purchased Cakewalk and controlled the whole 2006 show with MIDI - YIKES.

2007 found Vixen, added some more dimmers (broken from EBay that I fixed) and went Vixen->DMX->MPX for 40 channels.  2008 44 channels.

Next year I'm planning on using the FG system and if wireless DMX is available, shooting data to the IF-501->MPX for the next door neighbor.

Long story but my lights flash!!!

Greg

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2009, »
Cool!
RJ

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2009, »
Ok,

Since finishing the Light Sampler device for the Express and creating curves for all the lights Bill sent me I have been heavy back on the wireless DMX project. I am as you should know working on the modules for the Express.  I plan to run my expresses all wirelessly this year.

Progress has been coming along well at this point. I expect to have the Wireless dongle end of it finished to the point of needing the express side to go any farther this week.

This weekend I have some other things I have to take care of but hope to get some progess on the Express module done.

My goal is to have the wireless worked out by the end of the month to the point of ready to layout the pcb's for them. This is a large goal and very well might hit hurdles that delay it but this is the plan.

RJ

Offline wbuehler

• Administrator
  • Dont' that poster look dusty?
« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2009, »
Thanks for all the hard work RJ

Bill

Offline smartcontrols

• Coop Manager
« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2009, »

Yes, thanks RJ, for all your hard work.

When it is ready, I think this COOP might beat the 12 hour record.

jeff

Offline Ron

• Patron Member
« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2009, »
Very exciting stuff RJ, thanks for your hard work.

Ron

Offline ThaiWay

• Patron Member
  • 1500 C9's are not [i]green[/i]!
« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2009, »
Wish I could be a beta-tester... but alas, I'm too far away.

Thanks for all you do RJ!

John
Chok Dee! (Thai "good luck" greeting)
John

Unofficial 220V 50Hz Beta Tester

Offline kylec

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Lake Stevens
« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2009, »
Your Awesome RJ!

Kyle   ;D ;D
Excess is Success

Offline Greg

« Reply #42 on: February 05, 2009, »
Outstanding work RJ!

So when do you sleep?

Lets see... At the rate you're going all your announced projects will be complete by sometime in late March to early April then you'll need to get your taxes done. ...so, you sleep the third week in April I suppose.  ;D

....  Crazy, Toys in the attic, He is crazy  ....

Offline ElectricCraft1

• Dimming for the first time in '09.
« Reply #43 on: February 06, 2009, »
I have to agree with Greg.  When do you have time for all of this?  Do you have a "real" job?  If so, how to you manage the time.  I get up early just to check on the forums, let alone be able to build anything.  Thanks for all your hard work, I know I can speak for everyone when I say we all greatly appreciate your work.  Wish I could be of some help in some way.

Branden
Branden

"If you can't go big, why do it?"

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: February 09, 2009, »
I have to agree with Greg.  When do you have time for all of this?  Do you have a "real" job?  If so, how to you manage the time.  I get up early just to check on the forums, let alone be able to build anything.  Thanks for all your hard work, I know I can speak for everyone when I say we all greatly appreciate your work.  Wish I could be of some help in some way.

Branden

I am an Adminstrator for the Sheriff's office. I am in charge of number of the Civilian units including I.T.  I started out as a network admin before being promoted a number of times. Work 12 hours most days but normally 4 days a week.  This is my stress relief from my real job.

RJ