Author Topic: First one soldered, desoldered, soldered, etc.. and now WORKING!!!!!!!!!  (Read 1451 times)

Offline vairmoose

• Patron Member
I won't go through a lengthy disertation on the trial and tribulations of attempting to get my first Aether to working..   but I did learn a  little in the process..

a.  DO NOT Put gobs of solder paste on the pads.   Better to be stingy and come back after cooking the board wtih touchup.  
b.  DO NOT attempt to do the pasting when tired.    Solder paste smears are hard to see then and harder yet to find after the board is cooked.
c.  Have a couple extra of each part on hand when attempting to assemble the board.   Finding those chips on the floor is a royal pain in the..........  
d.  Work in a quiet area (preferably with door closed and locked) when doing the pasting and placing...    quick movements in respond to grandkids is not conducive to putting the chips in the correct location.  
e.  Be patient when applying the paste ==  getting in a rush here will lead to aggrivating troubleshooting later.  

RJ:   Even though I'm not done building the box,,,,   I can now see the end of the tunnel...  and this time there is notrain behind that bright light.  

Thank you very much for sharing this delightl addition.

Larry
3 today (standing at light switch, holding two lighters)
Going live in 2012

Offline RJ

• Administrator
Good advice all of it!

<res.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline batdive

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
c.  Have a couple extra of each part on hand when attempting to assemble the board.   Finding those chips on the floor is a royal pain in the..........  

Larry

<la..  I think someone called the best and I fully agree with calling them dots.  Sucks even worse when your tile floor has darker colors in it.   :D

-JS