Author Topic: Straight Lines?  (Read 1159 times)

Offline mikedbom

• NorthBridge Web Design
Straight Lines?
« on: December 05, 2010, »
So I've been playing with Vixen a bit while waiting for parts....this is a really good way to fuel the addiction.  I searched the forum but couldnt come up with anything.  In Adjustable Preview, is there a way to keep the lines straight when dragging the mouse?  I know in most drafting programs, holding the shift key while dragging will keep the lines straight.  Is there a similar function in Vixen?

Thanks,

Mike B.

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Re: Straight Lines?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2010, »
Vixen's preview drawing is not its strong suit

Normally I just add dots in to make the line straight and use the right mouse button to erase the bad sections

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline mikedbom

• NorthBridge Web Design
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2010, »
Well it's manageable but i was using my laptops touchpad and it just wasnt working like i wanted.  using a real mouse is much easier.  just wanted to make sure I wasnt missing something.  Thanks for the quick reply.

Mike B.

Offline paul58

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2010, »
Try this trick. I scan a picture and a sheet of graph paper and use it in the preview. Use as small a graph paper squares as you can find. Dim the drawing with the slider bar and place your pixels on the graph.

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2010, »
It is just a slow process.  Like Ron said, the right click is your friend.  And remember that you can go back and edit it later.  I often just do a quick rough sketch without straight line so I can get a semblance of an idea of what I will be seeing and then go back and touch up different parts when I am needing to take a break from sequencing.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA