Author Topic: Swapping Sequences to the show computer?  (Read 1761 times)

Offline tmtfield

Swapping Sequences to the show computer?
« on: December 05, 2010, »
I know that this topic has been brought up before; however I have not been able to find a fix.

So far all of my sequencing has been completed on my laptop. I just set up a show computer and I am having troubles transfering my sequences to the show computer. I am using Vixen 2.5 on both machines and transferred the whole Vixen folder via thumb drive to the new machine. When I open the .vix (sequence) file the grid is blank. I have duplicated my profile on the new machine, but no luck.

Any thoughts?
Thanks
Tim

Debating with a person who has abandoned reason is like giving medicine to the dead

Tim

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
Re: Swapping Sequences to the show computer?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2010, »
I'm not a 2.5 user, but it does store data in different locations than 2.1 does.  The data I believe is in the User data folders and not in the Vixen folders so copying the vixen folder straight across does not work with 2.5 like it does with 2.1.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2010, »
Its been a while I do believe its the files are stored in the my documents folder. If they are not in the proper location Vixen won't be able work properly.

I really don't like to keep repeating this but KC the programmer of Vixen has stated that 2.5 is a beta version and 2.1 is the stable version.

Also on the show computer you should not have any preview or even the profile. It causes problems and slow down (resources) that are not really needed. There is a sticky at the top of the Vixen forum showing how to setup the sequences for the show computer.

Cheers

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline batdive

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2010, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Its been a while I do believe its the files are stored in the my documents folder. If they are not in the proper location Vixen won't be able work properly.

Cheers

Rick R.

I use 2.5 and Rick is correct.  In 2.5 he moved it from the Vixen folder all under "Documents" and then "Vixen".  Copy that folder over to your show computer making sure the audio, sequences, and profiles are contained in it and you should be good to go.

-JS

Offline tmtfield

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2010, »
You guys nailed it              <res.

Once I copied the folder in Documents it worked fine          <fp.

Thanks all!
Debating with a person who has abandoned reason is like giving medicine to the dead

Tim

Offline sdrose65

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2010, »
Know it's probably too little too late but the release notes.txt for 2.5.0.7 shows how you can have all the files contained under a "vixen" directory structure.  in the directory where the vixen.exe create a text file called "redirect.data"  If vixen finds this file on startup it will look for the data under the [vixen executable folder]/DATA directory structure.

Hope this helps either you or others wanting to do the same thing.

Steve Rose