Author Topic: Rainbow Flood and some DC Lights  (Read 1771 times)

Offline jem5136

• Lights of the Night
Rainbow Flood and some DC Lights
« on: December 05, 2010, »
Hey guys,

I have had to hold off on my show this year for money reasons, so I am starting on next year! I am wanting to use 4 Rainbow Floods along with some 12V DC lights to put up around a cross for my show. I have a D-Light DCx16 controller and I have it plugged into a 12v DC power supply, which works fine, with LOR software, but I am going to run my show with Vixen. I know there is an LOR/D-Light plug in out there for Vixen, but it itsn't perfected yet.

So basically, I was wondering if I could run 4 Rainbow Floods and some 12V DC LED lights from an MR16 without having to do anything special to it.

I don't even know where to start with this. I know I will need some cat5 which is what runs from the controller to the RF, but thats pretty much all I know.

So here is my question, can I use the MR16 and hook it up to my 12v DC power supply and hook my Rainbow Floods into it just like if it were a D-Light controller and have everything run fine without anything catching of fire?

I am new to this whole DC stuff, and I am trying to learn it and make it work for my display, so any help would be appreciated.

Jese
2011 Plans:
   - Second year for dimmable animation
   - 184 Channels of Blinky Flashy :D
   - 8 RGB Flood Lights
It's gonna be fun!! :D

Offline Randy_A

• Lockport Lights
Re: Rainbow Flood and some DC Lights
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2010, »
Jese,

You should have no problems, Just make sure you follow the manual like I didn't  <fp.  See the edited thread here..

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Randy