Author Topic: Needing some help with scheduler  (Read 2592 times)

Offline lineman

• Coop Manager
Needing some help with scheduler
« on: December 06, 2010, »
Hello, I have some ?,s

I have put all music and Sequences in the  same directory. I click on vixen only and then on the Seq,s that I want / click script wizard / save / play this is were I get can,t confirm channel count or can,t find mp3 files. If I click on just audio and play music it plays fine only the music. What I did was put All my Seq.and audio files in a folder named Xshow and created a desktop Icon this the folder I pick for the Directory what am I missing. The channel test works perfect. FYI all Seq,s play in vixen.
Jeff

Offline csf

Re: Needing some help with scheduler
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2010, »
Make sure the name of the mp3 file being used in the vixen file is the exact name you gave the mp3 file you put in the folder.

Offline WWNF911

• Patron Member
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2010, »
Unless I'm mistaken Vixen looks for the audio files  in the audio subfolder in the vixen directory and the sequences in the sequence folder, and the profiles...... you guessed it.  :)
If you populate the scheduler and move those files, Vixen won't find em.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, by WWNF911 »
Leon

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2010, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Unless I'm mistaken Vixen looks for the audio files  in the audio subfolder in the vixen directory and the sequences in the sequence folder, and the profiles...... you guessed it.  :)
If you populate the scheduler and move those files, Vixen won't find em.

The files in vixen are staying where they are. A new folder was create and the files were copied there as per the requirements of xlights.

Cheers

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline dowdybrown

• Gleannloch Christmas
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2010, »
If you are using xLights 0.2, there is an "i" button above the playlist. If you click on a Vixen file name to highlight it, then click the "i" button, it should give you some information about the file and the channel mapping.

There are two play buttons on the playlist screen. The one above the playlist should play the selected Vixen file once through. The one above the script should run through all of the sequences that are checked (this essentially manually starts the show).

So what happens when you click play for a Vixen file? Or the info button?

Cheers,

Matt
Matt Brown

Offline WWNF911

• Patron Member
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2010, »
Oops! Sorry guys. About the only time I'm good multi-tasking is when I'm having a beer while enjoying a good steak. In this case surfing DLA while out with the family and trying to help via my Treo. (Tiny screen) Needless to say I didn't see that this thread was about Xlights. 

Shutting up.

Leon
Leon

Offline lineman

• Coop Manager
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2010, »
OK so I figured out how to play 1 Seq. Carol of bells, what I did was uncheck all 13 seq. in play list and then just highlighted Carol of bells it played fine then I tried 3 or 4 more  seq. one at a time at get message mp3 file cannot be found make sure it is in directory on some seq. and another message cannot confime channel count on others. When I click on the info button it says cannot find mp3 and the other it says cannot find channel map or something to that effect and channel count shows 1. If I click only the audio button and hit play it will play all songs so I believe I have all songs in Directoy and it shows all Vixen Seq. What I did was create a folder called X-show and went to Vixen and copyied Seqs out of the folder and pasted to X-show ,did the same with Audio. then in X-lights I clicked manage and pick the X-Folder. If you could tell me how to send this folder to you I will, Sorry for not being computer savy but I am learning ???

FYI in the network set up I have 512 channels ,115200Baud , com5 , DMX/Pro/Lnyx
Jeff

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2010, »
Hi Jeff,

Can you test each of the Sequences and see which ones work and doesn't work?

Write down a list of Seq names and check off each one good or bad
Go back to Vixen and double check what music is attached to that seq. Also for xLights you have to have music attach for the seq to work.

See if that makes sense and helps

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline lineman

• Coop Manager
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2010, »
Hooray I figured it out or at least most of it . Awe while I am typing Xlight starts my show Yahoo >.d9. This is what I had to do Remove audio and reassign Audio worked on all except 1 the other thing was remove Profile and attach profile both instances I used the same Audio and profile So I am not sure what happened but it works now. Now the 2 Audio's that don't seem to work I get the error can't find MP3 are for Amazing grace so I attached a musical only to it and it works. Dowdy brown I will send you the 2 music files mabey you can figure it out I am computer stupid.
Jeff

Offline lineman

• Coop Manager
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2010, »
I would like to thank CSF and Dowdybrowm and Rick for all the help they gave this newbie. Now to what I found appearently I have a corrupt Seq. It was either amazing Grace or  God rest ye merry Gentle men. Rick I followed you video and created another Directory and pasted 1 Seq. at a time and check it out kept installing Seq. and checking as soon as I installed the 2 corrupt Seq. It would only play the 1 and last Seq. Removed the 2 Seq. and all play . Xlights has been runnin from 3 pm with no problems I Love this Scheduler. MERRY CHRISTMAS GENTLEMEN
Jeff

Offline csf

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2010, »
Glad you got it all working lineman. We will have to think about what we may be able to add to xlights to help in situations like this.