Hardware > Lynx (Old Hardware)

Lynx Manual

(1/3) > >>

Admin:
If you are not familiar with the Lynx DMX Dimmer the best way to get up to speed it to read the first few pages of the Manual.

Here it is :

Lynx Manual pdf has been removed - Please see the Wiki Equipment page for the manual
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Rick R.

jwells:
RJ Thanks my 4 Lynx showed up today. I just need a DMX converter now to test with LOL

Thanks

Jim

RJ:
Glad they got there.  Do the packing do OK. I will busy this weekend getting the rest sent on their way to there rightful owners. Then my bench will be empty of Lynx Coop parts for the first time in a month and I can get some work done on a Dongle. I hope you enjoy the Lynx as much as I have I have 19 of them at the moment.
RJ

sfour:
RJ,

Thanks for the additional parts.  I have finished building all 4 Lynx'i, but can't really test it yet. I am going to wait on your DMX addition.

In the meantime, can you clear a few things up for me.

If I DID NOT seperate the "board" from the "load", I guess the light strings are getting AC 120?

What could I have used in way of low voltage to power the "load", and would this have been any advantage? i.e. Less amps on the fuse box?

I also understand that "each" Lynx has a max amp --( forget what it is now) 16 or 18 max.. My question is, if I have 4 Lynx running, would the combined draw cause my house circuit to trip?
I know nothing about "electrical math" ...

Best way to ask is this...  How many Lynx do YOU plug into 1 15 amp house circuit?
How many Lynx do YOU plug into 1 20 amp house circuit?

Should I buy one nice low voltage transformer to run the lights load?

Thanks ahead of time to anyone who replies to these questions,

Steve

RJ:
You add up the amount of total load of lites on each Lynx and then you can tell how many you can put on a circuit. If you put two stings on every channel of one lynx then you would look like this:

100 mini lights are about .33 amps

So 2 strings per channel = .66 amps X 16 channels = 10.56  so if you had two lynx loaded the same you could not get away with one 20 amp circuit. I recommend each lynx be on its on circuit unless you are lightly loadin them. For example my Mega tree had 48 channels (3 lynx) each channel had one string so I ran all three from one 20 amp circuit.

The Load/Board setup is for our friends over seas who cannot run high voltage lights. They have to create 24 volts and use this. so It lets them use Lynxs.

Hope this helps
RJ

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version