Author Topic: Warning!!!! Explicit Material.... DO NOT LOOK IF YOU HAVE WEAK HEART!!!!!!!  (Read 5939 times)

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Congrats on the second aether

Sometimes late at night I swear your icon is going to run me over

Cheers

Rick R.

Rick got ran over by a Moose it happen one December night. You might not believe in ...... (you know the rest of the song)
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline vairmoose

• Patron Member
Tonight I found the elusive string/bridge  that was causing my first aether attempt to go bust.   I had to desolder pins 1 through 14 of the PIC24 chip...   lift up the chip enough to clean under the chip body and then...  resolder it (without creating a  lake of lead .....  )  30 minutes later.........   done.......  and now I have white on command......   red, green and blue at whatever level I desire....      Massive feeling of AWWWWWWWWWWwwwwwwww  yeesssSSS!        (I missed the existing bridge that tied pins 8 though 12 together through either an unlucky series of missteps or non-steps and then finally found the problem by trying something different .  )   

Still have to finish assembling the enclosure but the hard part is now over ......   

Thanks for the guidance and suggestions  RJ, Bill and Rick.    Sometimes just a little positive support is enough to go the extra few steps.   

Larry
3 today (standing at light switch, holding two lighters)
Going live in 2012

Offline batdive

Nice job Larry, 2 Aethers to create an artificial sun  ;D