Author Topic: vixen cursed  (Read 4770 times)

Offline BryanV

vixen cursed
« on: December 12, 2010, »
ok  I think vixen has something out for me.  The show has been running for 2 weeks.  I get a plugin error but the show continues until it times out.  Last night we have my wifes christmas party, i start the show and my daughter calls saying the show stopped.  I walked her through on how to restart the timer and show continues but then stops again.  I had her close everything, restart computer with dongle unplugged, once computer reloaded she replugged dongle in and started the show again.  Afterawhile it stopped so I just had her shut everything off. ERRRR!!(yes I'm yelling).  This happened last year when the tour busses came by and we where gone. 
Anyhow  I have the sequences flattened with no preview or any other box checked.  The sequence is using 1 profile.
Anyboby have an idea

Bryan ???
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Re: vixen cursed
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2010, »
The reason I am using xlights to run my show this year. Not one com port error.

Its small learning curve but even for beta software it running smooth so far

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline lineman

• Coop Manager
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2010, »
I also keep haveing ISSUES what I have done that seems to help is put about 4 min intervals between shows. this is my set up.

demo 1= 4 songs 6pm to 6:13 pm
                              Demo 2 = 4 songs 6:17pm to 6:27 pm
                              Demo 3 = 3 songs 6:31 pm to 6:43 pm
                              Demo 4 = 4 songs 6:47 pm to 7:oo pm

And repeat till 8:30 pm This is the only way I have found to stop errors there is some talk on other forums about removing the internal clock on the computer but I am not computer smart have not tried this or even Know how. Hope this helps
Jeff

Offline batdive

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2010, »
What vixen version are you using?

There have been several with the scheduler all jacked up and other various assorted bugs of various natures.   :D

Offline paul58

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2010, »
I had some trouble. Kept getting com port faults. I found that I had (i think) invoked a timer schedule twice by accident. I kept getting two com errors at a time. I wiped the schedule and shure enough there was a second schedule under it. Cleaned it all up and knock on wood havent had any more trouble.

Offline BryanV

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2010, »
mine seems to shut down after the first song is done and the next one starts.  Its done it for the last 2 weeks but never shut down.  It went until the scheduler was finished.  I had this problem all last year
Using 2.1

Bryan

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2010, »
Make sure you don't have cross over fade on - the value has to be zero - its a know bug

Rick R.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, by rrowan »
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)

Offline BryanV

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2010, »
nope not checked.

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2010, »
nope not checked.

It sounds like Vixen is trying to open the com port twice. How did you config the program for output?
Use program's plugin setup
use a profile
use each sequence's plugin setup

Also make sure that NONE of the sequences have the Add-ins menu DMX option checked
Rick R.

Offline BryanV

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2010, »
Rick  Im using "a profile " for all sequences.
I flattened all the original sequences, removed preview and anything else associated with it.
The profile only has dongle checked  set at highest speed. and port 5
no checks anywhere

Bryan

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2010, »
I can't say for sure, but it seems to me that when you flatten a sequence you are forcing the profile into the sequence and therefore I wonder if you are getting profile conflicts.  As I understand it the main purpose of flattening a sequence is for uploading them so that the profile goes with the sequence hence my previous statement.  I would go to each sequence and detach the profile then use a single profile in the program.  That is what I have done and no glitches with the program what so ever.  Knock on wood.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline batdive

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2010, »
Along with what he said do you then have the profile used under the program section?  That could cause an issue since you have it flattened in the sequence and using it again for the program.

We use a profile under the program and attach sequences to it for ch line ups and such, but havent had any problem like you are stating but we dont flatten them into the sequence, since we maintain everything local.

-JS

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2010, »
yup

Reason my show is running with xlights this year

Its starts and stops when its suppose to.

Cheers

Rick R.

Offline budude

• OK - onto 2012!
    • Christmas in San Jose
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2010, »
When you "flatten" a sequence, it takes the attached profile and builds the channel info  into the sequence and then the profile should no longer be attached/used. You would then want to use the sequence's plugin information. You may want to re-attach the profile and use the profile settings. I'm using Vixen 2.1.4.0 with my 13 songs with no issues.

Offline travailen

« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2010, »
I am using 2.1.4. I had consistant problems with the show running only one program cycle or one sequence.
What finally worked for me was to un click the  "every xx minutes" so that the program starts again right away without any interval. I have had no problems since.

Rick S