Author Topic: Wireless Neighborhood on LE's  (Read 1287 times)

Offline TexasStingray

• Coop Manager
Wireless Neighborhood on LE's
« on: December 12, 2010, »
Next year I am planning on sending a signal to my neighbor's house, 2 house's down from me using a Transmitter that I am hoping his LE that he will have for next year will be able to pick it up. Here is my question is can he have a transmitter as well so that some a couple of house from him can have a LE and join in I am hoping to eventually get the home street involved. I want to make it a requirement that anyone wanting to join in also have a transmitter as well. that is if it will work.

Give me your thoughts

Thanks
Scott
Scott Wanner
TX

Watch my videos
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline batdive

Re: Wireless Neighborhood on LE's
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2010, »
Yes we do this on our neighborhood with 4 houses in the mix.

The first jump, your house to his set up on UNI 1, and then after your last box (Closest to him) go out of the DMX out 2 to another TX, but this TX set up as UNI 3.  Your last neighbor is set up to receive on UNI 3 and you are good to go.

So you and first neighbor use Universe 1, rebroadcast with Universe 3 (last neighbor receives only Universe 3)

Hope that helps

-JS

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2010, »
Last year blearning did 7 house on two sides of the street using wireless and some wired.  You might touch base with him on what he learned doing that.  He had over 30 controllers and 250k lights.  As I understand it you could not have two tx on the same universe without opening yourself up to problems.  Heck I had problems when using one tx on the show computer and one with my laptop out in the yard.  I always unplug the power for the show tx now if I am in the yard with my portable test setup.  So I would say that your requirement is overboard.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2010, »
Yes you can never have two transmitters on the same uni in range of each other or you will have issues. the limit to daisy chaining them is the latency of each Transmitter multiplies the one before it. Now I know it works with two universes but I am curious what would happen if we punched it out to three.

So it would look like this.

computer runs TX #1 on Uni1......

Reciever closest to the next yard has Tx #2 hooked to its output on Uni #3 ....

Reciever in second yard closest to third yard has TX #3 on Uni #2 ...

Now for the kicker you start over again because you are far enough away from TX #1 that you can not hear it.

So now Receiver in third yard closest to forth yard has TX #4 hooked to its output on Uni #1 ..... and repeat.

I imagine three to four jumps you will start to have issues with overlapping latency meaning you miss events altogether and visible delay. But I can't say for sure I have never tested it.

RJ

Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying