Author Topic: Programming any of the Wireless modules  (Read 1374 times)

Offline Blackbeard

Programming any of the Wireless modules
« on: December 14, 2010, »
I was looking around for the info on how to re-program the PICs on all of the wireless modules. I seem to recall the one on the LE, but can't find it. Anyway, just to be sure I'm doing it properly, can someone verify my memory?

For the LE, you just need to use the left power cord, plug the PicKit(2/3) into the ICSP header, and go. Nothing else needed like setting the LE into a special mode?

For the EX/RX, while plugged into the LE, use the ICSP header on the EX/RX module and go.

For the TX or the RX, I just need to power it up and plug the PicKit(2/3) into the ICSP header, and go.

Is this the basics for all the devices?

Offline RJ

• Administrator
Re: Programming any of the Wireless modules
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2010, »
Should not require powering anything up. The pic will supply the power for the pic.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline Blackbeard

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2010, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Should not require powering anything up. The pic will supply the power for the pic.

RJ

I'm guessing you are saying the PicKit will supply power. After thinking about that a bit, I realized that was the case since the modules I use to program them before inserting the Pics onto the boards has no power.

I wasn't sure whether other components on the board would draw a load, though.

Thanks very much for the fast reply.

Offline wbuehler

• Administrator
  • Dont' that poster look dusty?
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2010, »
Yes the PicKit will supply the power.  You may see some LED's light up as you program them if you have the Version 2 stuff.

Bill