Author Topic: Found new supplier for CG1500 enclosures  (Read 34402 times)

Offline Gary

• Diamond Crescent
Re: Found new supplier for CG1500 enclosures
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2011, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
well i also have another contact for your guys

*Snicker*, *snicker*.

Graybar.
 <la..

At work, I saw a network wiring contractor bring in some cable from that company and I couldn't believe that a company would name itself that.

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2011, »
well i also have another contact for your guys
page 11 they have cg1500 cg2000 ect ..i contact my local graybar in ottawa and they said they can supply them at aprox 10 $ a piece minimun 20 with  free shipping ... i will not need 20 but maybe some of you guy can get together and it could be a good deal
cheer

I stopped by my local Graybar today and the price was $13.82.  No price break for a quantity of 10.  I did not ask about a larger qty.  They are a non-stock item and have to be shipped in and I would have to pay the shipping to either the local store or my home.  Not to good of a deal.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline tng5737

« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2011, »
Gary, GRAYBAR is named after two gentlemen named Elisha Gray and  Enos Barton who founded the company in 1869 here in St. Louis, Mo.

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2011, »
Note that evolutionbb told me they no longer sell them.  They are in the goole search results for "cg1500", but they indicated that they no longer have a relationship with the mfg, which they indicated was Alcoa Fujikura Ltd
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]

Offline mitch09

« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2011, »
Chris can get them at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

@$13 each plus shipping to you is the best I can find so far.

I think I read somewhere on planet christmas that it is around $16 shipping per case of 6. Don't quote me on that though.

Ryan

Offline tng5737

« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2011, »
They also sell the TA-200 enclosures.   There is a coop going on right now till Feb 28 -if memory serves me correctly.

Offline CaptKirk

« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2011, »
Chris can get them at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

@$13 each plus shipping to you is the best I can find so far.

I think I read somewhere on planet christmas that it is around $16 shipping per case of 6. Don't quote me on that though.

Ryan

How is that better than DF Countryman selling them ANY qty at $9.95 each and about $4 shipping each?    Is there somplace in the country that $17 each shipped is better than $14 each shipped?? <rtt..
"Beam me up Scotty- there is no intelligent life on this planet."

Offline mitch09

« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2011, »
It's not better than $14, just the only one i could find with online ordering  <fp.

Ryan

Offline CaptKirk

« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2011, »
Good point - you do need to call DF Countryman, but if you use Google Voice that call is free.  DFC was helpful, quick and accurate so from my one experience, they are good to use.

Offline mokeefe

« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2011, »
For what it's worth I just requested a quote, via email, from Duke at DF Countryman for 8 CG-1500's.  He came back with a cost of $11.50 per unit and $35 shipping. This puts it just under $16 per panel.  The quote I got seems to be higher than some other people have been reporting in this thread, but maybe his costs have gone up since those initial orders.

In the grand scheme of what we spend on equipment for this little hobby we enjoy, I'm not going to sweat a few dollars on the enclosures.  I'll probably just go with this quote from DFC.

BTW, they have an 800 number: 800-326-6820.

-Mike

Offline CaptKirk

« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2011, »
Uh-oh, supply and demand kicks in.  Glad I picked up extras while cost and shipping was lower!!  We may need to use one of the other sources if DFC gets out of control...

Kirk

Offline mokeefe

« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2011, »
I sent a reply back to Duke at DFC asking if the prices had gone up since the earlier orders.  He said he could do $10 per enclosure and the $35 shipping (for 8) was an estimate.  So I ordered 8 enclosures from him at the $10 price. We'll see what the shipping turns out to be.

BTW, I did this entire transaction via email with Duke.  Not quite as convenient as a web based ordering system, but didn't have to deal with playing phone tag.  I also made Duke aware that he may be getting a significant number of people making similar requests once the LE coop begins to ship.

Duke's email address at DFC is You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login and their phone number is 800-328-6820.

-Mike

Offline sirloinofbeef001

• Reach for the stars
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2011, »
I just talked to a mr chuck baze from DF Countryman Co.he informed me that we can get the cg 1500 for $9.50 an enclosure provided we reach a goal of 375 units as a whole.
Its the most wonderful time of the year.

Offline sirloinofbeef001

• Reach for the stars
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2011, »
plus shipping.. dont want to forget that.. ;D
Its the most wonderful time of the year.

Offline CaptKirk

« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2011, »
Sort of like a COOP except they handle the shipping and billing and there are no Paypal or other overhead?  Make sure he knows that my 6 count toward that total!!

With so many LE's in the coop, it should be easy to hit that number.  Should we set up a special order "passcode" like "diy" "dla" or "lynx" with them so they know it is us??

Kirk