Author Topic: Found new supplier for CG1500 enclosures  (Read 34401 times)

Offline sirloinofbeef001

• Reach for the stars
Re: Found new supplier for CG1500 enclosures
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2011, »
well, he told me that when we order that we should DLA or diylightanimation..I'll need to let him know when to start the count.. some of us have already ordered and I need to see if they count as well.
Its the most wonderful time of the year.

Offline sirloinofbeef001

• Reach for the stars
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2011, »
dla or diylightanimation on the order as well as your name. thats so he can tab it all up...

Offline sirloinofbeef001

• Reach for the stars
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2011, »
How can we start a running tab on this site so we can make sure if or when we hit the number?

Offline dlhoppe

« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2011, »
Maybe you should just let him know the coop has 600 units, and there will be more coops in the future. If he's the best price, he's going to get all the business. Shouldn't have to count anything other than telling him the amount of business he's about to get. When I found them they were really agreeable and pleasant to deal with. I'm sure they'll work with us without much fuss.

Maybe this is the "in" we need with them to get the SSR4 enclosures without minimum quantities. Whoever speaks to them again, please bring that up.

Thanks!

Offline mokeefe

« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2011, »
Feel free to try and include the 8 I ordered today directly through Duke at DFC. He knows that I came from the DLA site.

Also, is it really like a coop?  Are they going to hold all the orders and payments and then start shipping once the magic number has been reached?

-Mike

Offline sirloinofbeef001

• Reach for the stars
« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2011, »
I'll talk to him and ask him about the ssr4 enclosures and (dlhoppe) you have a good point about the quantity of enclsures we are going to buy.. but you have to remember one thing, the discounts come with the purchases at hand, not the prospect of sales..

Offline sirloinofbeef001

• Reach for the stars
« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2011, »
as for the (like)coop, I'm not sure how we venture that yet.. We need more input from the dla site..people have to know about it and I cant reach everyone..need help with it..

Offline mokeefe

« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2011, »
I second dlhoppe's comments about this company.  In less than 24 hours I requested a quote for 8 units, placed a credit card order, and had a UPS tracking number emailed to me.  They'd definitely get my repeat business.

-Mike

Offline sirloinofbeef001

• Reach for the stars
« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2011, »
well maybe we should just leave it at $10.00 a unit.. the discounts come with the sales.. I'll talk to chuck and see if he will go for it.. He said that he only carries about 25 at any given time so the rest are ordered and it takes 1 to 2 weeks to get them... the product doesn't sit on the shelves or I'm sure he would cut us a better deal..

Offline sirloinofbeef001

• Reach for the stars
« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2011, »
For the enclosures contact Chuck Baze at Toll Free:  (866)954-0443 or around San Antonio Local:  (210) 654-0443.. tell him you are with DLA. He's expecting you... Grin

Offline egenoup

« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2011, »
If he is in San Antonio, maybe I can pay him a visit and talk to him personally.  Im in SA...

Charles S.

Offline mokeefe

« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2011, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Maybe this is the "in" we need with them to get the SSR4 enclosures without minimum quantities. Whoever speaks to them again, please bring that up.

Well, since I've been dealing with Duke at DFC lately, I posed the question to him.  Sounds like it's still the same story.  DFC can supply the ML-200 for $4.25 per unit plus shipping and can supply the TA-200 at $4 per unit plus shipping. The TA-200 must be purchased in multiples of 45 units, while the ML-200 is apparently an item they normally stock and can be purchased in any quantity.

dlhoppe purchased one of the ML-200's from DFC and documented his process to modify it to work with the current SSR4 board.  The info is in this thread: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

While I suppose there might be a potential for a coop (perhaps tied in with a future SSR4 coop), the shipping costs are going to be the main issue.  I suppose if the case were included as part of an SSR4 coop there might be some savings due to the combined shipping.

This is a link to the info on the ML-200 enclosure: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

-Mike

Offline bcstuff

• Cape Coral, FL 33991
« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2011, »
Chris from DIYC has on his site for sale the TA-200s for $3.33 plus shipping, no minimum count.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Brian

-Brian
-------------
2017 - Complete makeover, let's just say it's gonna be a few pixels.

2016 - Grad School Stinks :(
2015 - 16' Megatree, 8' MidiTrees, 8' MegaWreath, 6' Snowflake Spinners, Zwilluminariesâ„¢

Our Display Videos: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline mokeefe

« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2011, »
Assuming they continue to have them available there, that seems like it might be the way to go for now. Sounds like Chris is buying in quantity (e.g. 45 TA-200's per case) and then selling them off in smaller quantities to us DIY'ers, at very little markup I suspect.  Shipping costs are a little unknown.

-Mike

Offline gforman

« Reply #44 on: January 26, 2011, »
AFL global is one of the Main Distributors for the CG 1500 enclosure, they have a list of distributors at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login the part number for this is 912440-00-00. I requested a quote from my local dealer, they like to sell them in boxes of 6 at the following prices
0-200   $10.50
201-400   $9.55
400+   $9.13
add shipping and taxes (CA)
the quote I received from AFL as quantities of 6 for a list price of $10.50 18 pc min.

with the quantity and pricing a coop would not net much savings.

myself I will order a box of 6 and pick them up at the dealer.  :)

Glen

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work"
  Thomas Edison