Author Topic: Found new supplier for CG1500 enclosures  (Read 34388 times)

Offline dlhoppe

Re: Found new supplier for CG1500 enclosures
« Reply #45 on: January 28, 2011, »
This is good info. Thanks for the effort to dig this up and share!

Offline pokey

« Reply #46 on: January 29, 2011, »

One of the distributors listed (Tessco) is a company I do a lot of business with...I've sent an email to my sales contact to see what she can do...

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #47 on: January 29, 2011, »
Tonight on FOX!

When Enclosure companys go to war!   ;D

I guess it is good news that we can not decide which people to buy from, Otherwise we could be worried about getting them at all.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline Kainsel

« Reply #48 on: January 29, 2011, »
I stopped off at the local graybar in Rochester, NY and they were $11.50 plus shipping. They didn't have any on hand but ordered them from the warehouse in Missouri. I ordered 2 and the total with tax and shipping was $34.77. Not the best price but I am not going to sweat out a couple bucks but if anyone does a coop I might be in for a couple more.

Offline CaptKirk

« Reply #49 on: January 29, 2011, »
Nice of them to charge shipping when you bought them at their store.....
"Beam me up Scotty- there is no intelligent life on this planet."

Offline pokey

« Reply #50 on: February 02, 2011, »

I got pricing for the boxes.  $9.23 each plus shipping.  They have a minimum order of 18 units.  My guys figures shipping would be about $30.

There is a QTY discount at 1002 pieces which drops the price to $8.81, but I don't think anyone needs THAT many.

I'm in CT.  If anyone within a reasonable distance wants to get together and order some, or if anyone has need of that qty, I'd be happy to try and broker something.

My guy also offered to come up with pricing for any other cases that might be needed.

-Rick

Offline inzeos

« Reply #51 on: February 02, 2011, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I stopped off at the local graybar in Rochester, NY and they were $11.50 plus shipping. They didn't have any on hand but ordered them from the warehouse in Missouri. I ordered 2 and the total with tax and shipping was $34.77. Not the best price but I am not going to sweat out a couple bucks but if anyone does a coop I might be in for a couple more.

Yet another reason a lot of us in the industry call them Gaybar.  I can see paying local tax but you would think they could just put them on the local resupply truck.  Might take a few extra days but should be no reason to pay shipping to the store.

Offline mokeefe

« Reply #52 on: February 02, 2011, »
Just as a point of reference I bought 8 enclosures from DFC at $10 per unit plus $31.97 shipping.  They had to ship in two boxes via UPS.  Shipping might have been more economical at 6 units since that is what comes in one box.  Seems you get slightly different prices per enclosure depending on who you talk to at DFC and when.

-Mike

Offline pokey

« Reply #53 on: February 11, 2011, »
All,

I just order 18 (minimum order) of the CG-1500 cases.  My grand total including shipping was $170.73 ($9.485 per unit).  I won't have them for several weeks (it's a new SKU for the company I work with), but I certainly won't need them all.  I expect to keep 8, so I'm happy to offer up the other 10 for my cost plus shipping to whoever wants them.

*** UPDATE *** all 10 are spoken for.

If anyone is interested, send me a PM and I'll reserve them for you.

-Rick
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, by pokey »

Offline pokey

« Reply #54 on: February 11, 2011, »

If there is interest, I can try to make arrangements for others to purchase 18 units using the price above (+/- your specific shipping costs).

I own my company so I don't  mind extending the discounts as long as the actual transactions stay off my books (you need to provide CC info to the supplier).  My supplier is open to this arrangement.

Perhaps some of you can band together...

Let me know.

-Rick

Offline pokey

« Reply #55 on: February 14, 2011, »

If anyone is interested in ordering the CG-1500 cases at Qty 18 or more at the prices I mentioned above (your shipping will vary), then send me a PM and I'll give you info on how to do so using my pricing at Tessco.

-Rick

Offline Robert Waller

I recently ordered CG1500 enclosures from DFCountryman through the San Antonio office.  My contact there was Chuck Baze.  I ordered a total of 36 enclosures, about half were for other people, and the price was $10 per enclosure.  We talked about group buys and Chuck said they didn't have any price breaks until you got to a quantity of 500.  However, he did say that he would lower the minimum order quantity to 6 in the future, if we would mention that we are using the enclosures for Christmas lighting.

I believe the San Antonio telephone number is (210) 654-0443 but you can verify it on the DFCountryman web site.  Simply ask for Chuck Baze and tell him they are for Christmas lighting.

Offline Glenn

« Reply #57 on: March 31, 2011, »
I just ordered 6 from Duke at DFCountryman in Minn.  They have toll free numbers:
Minneapolis Toll Free: 800-328-6820
San Antonio Toll Free: 866-954-0443

I started out asking for a demarcation box and he immediately knew I was looking for the CG-1500 and was going to use it for Christmas lights.

Offline caretaker

« Reply #58 on: March 31, 2011, »
Yes Duke is getting to know us here at DLA.  I just ordered 10 boxes (well Duke messed up and only sent me on so he straightened it out on the shipping for the other 9. ) and he asked right away if I was one of the christmas light guys.
Jeff Squires
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #59 on: March 31, 2011, »
I ordered 12 from DFCountyman for 3 of us in my area.  The standard qty is 6 per case.  He said they are getting enough orders now that they are carrying the boxes in stock.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA