Author Topic: Using Xlights  (Read 1804 times)

Offline lineman

• Coop Manager
Using Xlights
« on: December 17, 2010, »
Thought I would let yall know Xlights has been runnin my show for 1 week with out flaw, I would suggest anyone needing a reliable schuduler to check out Xlights. Dowdybrown , CSF I really like you software and wanted to post some positive comments to yall
« Last Edit: December 18, 2010, by dowdybrown »
Jeff

Offline hbomb341

• Patron Member
    • Flower Mound Christmas
Re: Useing Xlights
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2010, »
I have been running all season very few issues - another positive comment.

Harrison

Offline loveroflife96

• Coop Manager
  • Brandon Christmas 2010
    • My Christmas Display Website
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2010, »
Having some issues (daily) with Vixen and thinking I need to switch (is it too late...NEVER)....but can you run static lights from say 5-11 and then schedule your show to run at 1/2 hour increments (i.e. 5:00, 5:30, 6:00, etc)?

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2010, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Having some issues (daily) with Vixen and thinking I need to switch (is it too late...NEVER)....but can you run static lights from say 5-11 and then schedule your show to run at 1/2 hour increments (i.e. 5:00, 5:30, 6:00, etc)?

Currently to run xScheduler it needs a music file attached. So if your static lights are not playing music then it will give you an error. The work around is to add music or add a blank music file. Csf has agree that future versions should run a seq without music. The xScheduler will run continuously the playlist from its start to end times. So to run at every 1/2 hr inc you would add to the calendar a playlist at 5pm to 5:15pm and then add 5:30 to 5:45, etc

Hopefully that helps

Rick R.

P.S. I have been using xLights all of December with out any errors. Its been real solid for me.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline dowdybrown

• Gleannloch Christmas
Re: Using Xlights
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2010, »

You can only put one scheduled start time on the calendar per day. So you would schedule it from 5-11.

Just create a Vixen sequence for your static display with a silent audio file. The length of the sequence should be 30 minutes minus the length of your show. Then add the static sequence to the end of your show. Now your show is 30 minutes long and using xLights you can have it repeat until the scheduled end time.

Matt
« Last Edit: December 18, 2010, by dowdybrown »
Matt Brown