Author Topic: How much power can the lynx express handle on each channel  (Read 1348 times)

Offline holland lights

• holland lights
I am building a 3x5 flag for 4th of july. And i am going to be using incadescents as its what i have from converting to leds in the christmas display. I was wondering how much load each channel can handle so i dont over power the lynx express.

Offline coachers

• Coachers

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I used incandescent for my 5' x 10' flag, no issues.

Using both power inputs = 40 amps Total for the Express with approved heat sink attached. 4 amps per channel maximum with approved heat sink attached

Using one power input = 20 amps Total for the Express with approved heat sink attached. 4 amps per channel maximum with approved heat sink attached

May you have Good Health...
Great Wealth.....
And your stein never be empty.

Offline rm357

Unless you are having dedicated circuits installed, be aware that most outlets are only rated for 15 amps with a single 20 amp breaker having multiple outlets.

Most extension cords are only rated for 13 amps with the heavy duty ones rated for 15 amps.

For safety reasons, it is usually recommended to draw no more than 80% of a circuit's rated power...

Have fun, but be safe!!

RM
Robert
Warner Robins, Georgia, USA

Offline holland lights

• holland lights
well power supply is not an issue, we have a 60 amp 110/110 dedicated supply running to the front of the yard for the displays. And i know about the 80% thing.
 Its 120 volts x 15amp =1800/0.80= 1440 watts per 15 amp circuit.

I calculated  4 amp triac x 120 volts= 480 watts/ 0.80=384 watts per channel @ 80% on 1 15 amp circuit.

So i should be safe at 15 amp x 120 volts =1800/0.80=1440/8 channels =180 watts per channel on a 8 channel count.

Offline holland lights

• holland lights
And my tune to sign has nothing on the number of hours im logging in on doing this flag. So many holes to punch. Now im done with taping all the white off stars/stripes geting ready for paint. I might post pictures when i get them taken.