Author Topic: Beta-Portable Wired/Wireless DMX Tester (See first post for specs and features)  (Read 58162 times)

Offline tonyv2842

Re: Lynx Portable Wired/Wireless DMX Tester
« Reply #150 on: April 05, 2011, »
This thing is going to be awesome!

Offline dlhoppe

« Reply #151 on: April 05, 2011, »
It's not the prettiest thing, but it's functional.   :)

We're still testing. I've only found one minor issue that we hope to resolve with only a different part.

Offline kylec

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Lake Stevens
« Reply #152 on: April 05, 2011, »
 <pop..
Excess is Success
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline hbomb341

• Patron Member
    • Flower Mound Christmas
« Reply #153 on: April 07, 2011, »
Went back and watched the last video and looked at the prototype - Am I missing the 10x (Multiplier) button?

Harrison

Offline dlhoppe

« Reply #154 on: April 07, 2011, »
Yes, the 10x multiplier is controlled based on encoder speed. You have to turn the knob a certain speed to get the multiplier to kick in.

Offline hbomb341

• Patron Member
    • Flower Mound Christmas
« Reply #155 on: April 07, 2011, »
Yes, the 10x multiplier is controlled based on encoder speed. You have to turn the knob a certain speed to get the multiplier to kick in.

Now that is COOL!!!!  >.d9  <;d

Harrison

Offline hbomb341

• Patron Member
    • Flower Mound Christmas
« Reply #156 on: April 15, 2011, »
Dave - Any recent update / teaser?

Harrison

Offline dlhoppe

« Reply #157 on: April 15, 2011, »
Harrison,

We're very close to contacting the coop managers. Just need to make sure we have a few more builds under our belt and plenty of testing. So far, it's looking good for a release very soon.

I've been using mine to test my new LE's and SSR4's as I build them. It's just so easy to fire it up and send some DMX to the controllers on the workbench. Wired or wirelessly, it's way easier than having to putz around with Vixen or other software on the computer for testing the equipment. It's also getting used quite heavily in my development work on the servo controller. I've personally gotten a LOT of use out of it so far. Functionally, it worked almost perfectly right from the start. There's only one capacitor upgrade that's needed in the BOM (alleviates a voltage sag which caused the PIC to reset when switching on the Ex/Rx from wired mode). Other than that it's been rock-solid. The batteries are lasting forever as advertised. It's not the prettiest or the most ergonomic packaging, but it's not bad either. I'm quite happy with it.

Maybe Mike and Charles will chime in on their experiences so far as well.

Cheers,
Dave

Offline hbomb341

• Patron Member
    • Flower Mound Christmas
« Reply #158 on: April 15, 2011, »
Dave,

That is AWSOME!!!! And Thank you for sharing – I can imagine the use you are getting out of it – I know it is an item I could of used last year and even this weekend  while building an LE would be nice.  Of course I know I won’t be happy with just one – so you can go a head and mark me down for 2 – 1 to live on my work bench and 1 to use around.

Harrison

Offline bcstuff

• Cape Coral, FL 33991
Re: Portable Wired/Wireless DMX Tester
« Reply #159 on: June 13, 2011, »
I still want one of these....  <pop..
-Brian
-------------
2017 - Complete makeover, let's just say it's gonna be a few pixels.

2016 - Grad School Stinks :(
2015 - 16' Megatree, 8' MidiTrees, 8' MegaWreath, 6' Snowflake Spinners, Zwilluminariesâ„¢

Our Display Videos: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline bisquit476

• Patron Member
« Reply #160 on: June 13, 2011, »

Don't we all ;D

Offline hbomb341

• Patron Member
    • Flower Mound Christmas
« Reply #161 on: June 13, 2011, »

Just one (1) .... I want 2 ... and maybe a 3rd PCB & case.

Harrison

Offline egenoup

« Reply #162 on: June 13, 2011, »
Dlhope should give the final word, but the tester is working both in the wireless and wired mode.  For wireless you will need a modified EX/RX, so you might want to get an additional PCB from RJ.  The Tester build is easy and straight-forward.  It should not take anyone more than about 1 hour 30 minutes and an experienced user probably 30 to 45 minutes.  The modified EX/RX should not take more than 30 minutes for a novice and maybe 15 minutes for an experienced builder.

I'm sure that when Dave is ready to release it, he will be in contact with RJ and the COOP managers to get the COOP running.  Once the COOP is over and if there is anyone needing a tester (built) I will have a few available, since I have built 2 and will have to build a third one for the final build video. 

I am posting this just to make sure everybody knows that this is not vaporware and it is actually in its final stages before being COOP'd.

<yk..

Offline hbomb341

• Patron Member
    • Flower Mound Christmas
« Reply #163 on: June 14, 2011, »
Dlhope should give the final word, but the tester is working both in the wireless and wired mode.  For wireless you will need a modified EX/RX, so you might want to get an additional PCB from RJ.  The Tester build is easy and straight-forward.  It should not take anyone more than about 1 hour 30 minutes and an experienced user probably 30 to 45 minutes.  The modified EX/RX should not take more than 30 minutes for a novice and maybe 15 minutes for an experienced builder.

I'm sure that when Dave is ready to release it, he will be in contact with RJ and the COOP managers to get the COOP running.  Once the COOP is over and if there is anyone needing a tester (built) I will have a few available, since I have built 2 and will have to build a third one for the final build video. 

I am posting this just to make sure everybody knows that this is not vaporware and it is actually in its final stages before being COOP'd.

<yk..

This is GREAT news and THANK YOU for the update - Also THANK YOU to all the beta testers!!!! 

Harrison

Offline dlhoppe

« Reply #164 on: June 26, 2011, »
I'm still trying to come up for air from a crazy work schedule. A huge project is coming to fruition and it's taking a large amount of my time.

I'm going to try and do a final test build of the tester in the next week or so before I contact the coop managers. This could have been done sooner if I hadn't been swamped with work. Sorry all. It's coming, please have patience.

Dave