Author Topic: Beta-Portable Wired/Wireless DMX Tester (See first post for specs and features)  (Read 58252 times)

Offline deanathpc

• Brooks Family Lights
Re: Portable Wired/Wireless DMX Tester
« Reply #180 on: October 06, 2011, »
Well I'm in for beta testing.  I have some boards around here somewhere.  I'll double check on Sat. to be sure.
-------------------
Dean
Check out our web site: 

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

2011 Light Count: 8,700

[img width= height=]http://www.vixenlights.com/sig/sig_h.php/160.gif[/img]

Offline holland lights

• holland lights
« Reply #181 on: October 06, 2011, »
I might be in. How much does it cost?

For a single-unit, you're looking at $33 to cover the Mouser parts (not including PCB). That doesn't include the wireless Tx.

For a single-unit wireless Tx add-on, the Mouser parts will run you $14.36 (not including PCB).

I appreciate the willingness of those who are joining in as beta-testers at the higher costs. For the functionality, it's still a good bang for the buck. Not to mention the service you're providing to the rest of the DIY community.

When we get to the point of handing this over to coop managers, the price will come down quite a bit based on volume.
I mean i would be testing it with wireless and wired; as well as, runing dmx commercial lighting i built myself.

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
« Reply #182 on: October 06, 2011, »
I'm interested in assisting, but I am not yet Lynx wireless.
If I signed up, could you include the needed wireless PCBs needed to participate?

Thanks,
Steve
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline dlhoppe

« Reply #183 on: October 06, 2011, »
I'm interested in assisting, but I am not yet Lynx wireless.
If I signed up, could you include the needed wireless PCBs needed to participate?

Thanks,
Steve

I do not have any extra Ex/Rx PCBs to offer. You might try checking with RJ on that.

You can use the tester in wired mode with no problem. It has the RJ45 jack for that purpose. Wireless is not mandatory.

Offline Steve Gase

« Reply #184 on: October 06, 2011, »
If I have multiple dongles (networks) I'd only be able to test the network where I had my wireless Tx attached, or the network where I plugged the cat5 into... right?

I've got a lot to read up on regarding the DLA wireless solution.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline egenoup

« Reply #185 on: October 06, 2011, »
I will check tomorrow to see how many boards I have.  I think I have about 3 or 4 boards left.  I will post tomorrow with the list. 

Dave send me a list of people that would get the boards I have.  I will send them in the order you put them.

Offline Steve Gase

« Reply #186 on: October 06, 2011, »
I guess I should formally request one. :) 
Thanks!

Offline dlhoppe

« Reply #187 on: October 07, 2011, »
If I have multiple dongles (networks) I'd only be able to test the network where I had my wireless Tx attached, or the network where I plugged the cat5 into... right?

I've got a lot to read up on regarding the DLA wireless solution.

For wireless, the tester has a universe selector (universes 1,2,3).  For wired, simply disconnect the cable from your dongle and plug in the tester. One of the important points about making this device portable is it allows you to go outside and plug it directly into your controllers with a short cord. Or for wireless mode, turn off your normal transmitter and walk around the yard completely wireless and test the different channels (or all channels at once) on any of the three universes.

This device is also excellent for bench testing new builds as well. Or even physical animation projects with the new servo controller. Tons of uses.

Might be a good idea to spend a little time reading through this thread. All the features are sprinkled throughout. I will make an effort very soon to list the features and the different ways this can be used depending on your layout.

Dave
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, by dlhoppe »

Offline Steve Gase

« Reply #188 on: October 07, 2011, »
Will do!  Thanks.

Offline dlhoppe

« Reply #189 on: October 11, 2011, »
All parts/PCBs I'm providing will be in the mail tomorrow.

Offline holland lights

• holland lights
I sent you the  money  n1ist.

Offline dlhoppe

I sent you the  money  n1ist.

Please use PM/email for that.

Thanks.

Offline dlhoppe

I was just informed that the transceiver for the Ex/Rx is back-ordered at Mouser. Bummer. You might try some other vendors if you don't want to wait for it.

Offline holland lights

• holland lights
so many people ordering them i guess.

Offline dlhoppe

The enclosure is also back-ordered, but looks like they're only 1 week out.